All-In-One (AIO) Polish and Sealant Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of you folks use all-in-one (AIO) products? These products are usually marketed towards car enthusiasts and production car detailing facilities. Some examples of these products include HD Speed, Optimum GPS, Meguiars D151 (heavier cut than most) and Sonax Hybrid NPT Paint Cleaner.

AIO products usually contain a small amount of abrasives, light chemical cleaners and some paint protection. In other words, they are the jack of all trades - but are the master of none. They are only able to remove very light marring and oxidation, and usually provide protection for about 30 days; it is usually mandatory to "top" one of these products with a more durable paint sealant.

For the reasons listed above, for many years, I avoided these products. But recently, it occurred to me that AIOs can actually be a very useful product and should have a place in any DIYer or detailer's garage.

Why? Most of us use some form of clay during the de-contamination process. Whether it is traditional clay or a clay towel/block/mitt, the "mechanical" de-contamination process will always leave some amount of marring behind. Soft paints will be a greater victim to this, while hard paints may show no marring at all.

As I mentioned earlier, a true AIO will have a small amount of abrasive. And while the correction ability will be minimal and is usually not adequate to remove moderate defects (unless it is very, very soft paint), the abrasive should be more than enough to remove the light marring that clay leaves behind.

Since any marring has a negative impact on the paint's gloss, I think it is a good idea to follow-up any clay usage with an AIO product prior to applying one's favorite paint sealant or wax. Going forward, I am going to add the extra step of using an AIO as part of every wash/clay/seal job.

Based on my research, I decided to buy a quart of HD Speed to try as my AIO. For me, it was very very cheap through one of my wholesale programs. According to my findings, HD Speed contains 75% HD Polish and 25% HD Poxy, so it should be more than capable of removing any light marring that the decontamination process inflicts.

What do you guys think? Do any of you currently use an AIO product?

Links to the products:

HD Speed
: http://www.3dproducts.com/detailing-chem...polish-sealant/
Optimum GPS: http://www.optimumcarcare.com/gps.php?li=3
Meguiars D151: http://www.meguiars.com/en/professional/products/d15101-paint-conditioning-cream/
Sonax Hybrid NPT Paint Cleaner: http://store.sonaxusa.com/sonaxnanotechnologypaintcleaner.aspx

I've been using KLASSE AIO and SG for over 10 years. In fact I just finished my semi-annual detail this past weekend. They're great products for someone who cares but is not overly neurotic about their vehicle.

AIO has always been used to remove slight oxidation and never really an one-n-done product. Topping off with KLASSE SG has always been recommended.

Last edited:
Not sure if Zaino AIO would be included either, but I have used that before...by hand. Just used it as the base layer after a wash with dawn dish soap, then laid down some wax.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Not sure if NuFinish polymer would be included with its' mild chemical cleaner but, it's what I use and happy with the product. Ed

If you think NuFinish is just a mild chemical cleaner, you should know that it has a reputation in detailing circles as having rocks in a bottle. It has some very coarse abrasives and will leave a hazing on softer paints, also known as the Nufinish "glow".

Generally if I use an AIO I don't top it. I simply wait for the short term protection they offer to wear off and then wax it afterwards.

But when I was doing detailing for money the AIO's would come out if the customer wasn't willing to pay for a traditional polish and wax. It would just be a clay and AIO. I would obviously tell them and that they'd be back pretty soon because the AIO's provided very little protection. I'd also tell them if they wanted they could also wax it themselves later and maintain their paint. They never do and I'd see them back in 3 months and sure enough they want another minimal detail so out comes the AIO and the speech again. Quite loyal those customers even when I told them a separate pure wax would last them 6 months to a year.

I havent used any AIO's. I buy wax that I get on sale andtry out all the lower end stuff, gold class, nufinish, collinite, turtle wax platinum, nxt, armor all.I have more wax products than i know what to do with..need to cut back on my addiction til I use up some of my stash. Im always looking for new and unique products, and i hope to use up my stash to try some of these..

I'd probably give away the Turtle wax and Armor All wax. If no one takes it then put it in the garbage.

Well I am not in the "most of us use clay" crowd. If my vehicles get 2 waxes a year with something decent, that would be above average. Goal is two, but I will accept one.

I use Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax. It's an inexpensive product that's been around forever. I used it on my 89 Accord four times a year, but on the new car, only once a year. The old car was parked outside in the Texas sun during the day and had no clearcoat. The new one has clearcoat and is parked in a parking garage by day and my garage by night.

The 89, by the way, still had shiny, water repelling paint after 23 years.

Cleaning bird droppings promptly from your paint will contribute more to its long-term beauty than just about anything else you can do. That is my opinion, by the way.

I use Zaino AIO. Works for 6+ months for me. I haven't let it go further than that yet.

I have not noticed any marring whatsoever with biannual use of clay on my Chrysler products. I use clay with diluted car wash soap instead of detailer and I use copious amounts of the solution. I make sure to thoroughly wash the car before claying. The claying is done very fast with light pressure....less than a half hour.

I used to go straight to Zaino Z2pro, but now I use Zaino AIO as a cleaner and prep before the Z2pro. Even after a wash, clay, and rewash, the AIO always finds a little more dirt stains on the applicator. It's my thought that twice annual use of clay, Z AIO, and Zpro2 keeps my vehicles from needing correction work (I do infrequent washing and NO public car washes). So, yes, AIO is a good mild cleaner step before the LSP.

I just researched the DuraGloss line and there seems to be lots of confusion regarding their AIO products 501, 101, and 105. I might start a new thread on this because a net search results in a host of recommendations. It's even worse than people's perception that Zaino has too many steps. I am interested in duplicating my Zaino system in the DuraGloss line: Clay, AIO, LSP. But, which AIO????? Lots of people are using the 105 as the LSP instead of the 111(NO cleaners).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DBMaster
I use Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax... I used it on my 89 Accord four times a year.

Waxing 4 times a year is what kept it awesome! That is the key to healthy paint. Always keeping protected and conditioned. That Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax does that.

Many like and idolize long lasting wax and sealants. I myself as I'm getting older and beginning to be amazed by these newer waxes and wash/wax + wax as you dry products. They maintain that protection the same way you diligently have done.

I've used the original formula Klasse AIO, Duragloss 501 and 105, Poorboy's Polish with sealant, XMT 360, and many others I can't recall. I liked the pre VOC formula Klasse the best but prefer either Duragloss now that it is no longer available in that mixture. 105 would be my top pick today.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
... I liked the pre VOC formula Klasse......

I still have my bottles of AIO and SG purchased from back in '03.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
I am interested in duplicating my Zaino system in the DuraGloss line: Clay, AIO, LSP. But, which AIO????? Lots of people are using the 105 as the LSP instead of the 111(NO cleaners).

105 has some chemical cleaners and protection. 101 has some polishing agents and protection. 501 has more cleaners than 105 plus protection and is part of their marine/rv segment. Aquawax is a spray sealant with no cleaners. Hard to go wrong with any of their products. Just use a few of them and see what you like. 111 you have correct.

SMR/Swirl mark remover is like 101 but has more polishing agents and leaves protection behind.

http://www.fw1shine.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=1&chapter=0

Waterless Formulation FW1 Wash & Wax with Carnauba Wax is overpriced but I find it for under $10/can and a good application continues to have tight beads for a good 5 months under hot Florida sun...so a can lasts 2 years....hard to "bead" that.

...but we get enough rain here in south Florida to keep dirt and grime off (I'll wipe rain off with a towel a couple times a week) that would "cut" into any wax finish and shorten their effectiveness.

Last edited:
Ill second the duragloss 105,501...followed up with aqua wax...or optimum poliseal followed by optimum spray wax...doesnt get much easier than this. Just think if everyone polished their cars once a yr...we wouldn't see the junk we have in the used car market...lol

Quote:
I still have my bottles of AIO and SG purchased from back in '03.

Never used SG but still have 1/2 liter of AIO and it still works as always. That's after a decade in the garage in 105ºF temps for over a decade (during summer). Tough stuff no doubt.

Originally Posted By: KitaCam
http://www.fw1shine.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=1&chapter=0

Waterless Formulation FW1 Wash & Wax with Carnauba Wax is overpriced but I find it for under $10/can and a good application continues to have tight beads for a good 5 months under hot Florida sun...so a can lasts 2 years....hard to "bead" that.

...but we get enough rain here in south Florida to keep dirt and grime off (I'll wipe rain off with a towel a couple times a week) that would "cut" into any wax finish and shorten their effectiveness.

I bought two cans of this to try it out and it works fairly well. My gripe with the stuff is whatever cloths you use smell like a petrochemical spill. After washing them twice they still smell like it and so does the washer! Next time I use it I'll just throw away the towels. It is RANK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back