Oil Recommended for 2014 Lamborghini Gallardo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother in Phoenix called this Sunday morning to inform me that his son bought him 2014 Lamborghini Gallardo at a cost of $200k.

I wonder what oil brand and grade is recommended for this beat, M1 0W40 or PU 5W30 or Amsoil 5W40 ? Cost is probably not a real concern since he is driving less than 4-5k miles a year in this beat, so he can get away with 1 year oil change.

No, I will not change oil in this car. I can't afford to pay for repair if anything goes wrong after oil change.

If you cannot afford to pay for the repair if anything goes wrong after an oil change, then you certainly cannot afford the liability if there's a warranty denial as a result of your oil recommendation.

And in that case, why are we even talking about this?

IIRC the block & heads use the same architecture as that found in the R8..maybe different in NA but over here in Europe they spec 5w30 for the 5.2 V10, makes no odds which chassis it's in, its the same engine.

Stick with the manufactureres reccomended grade, but buy it from a boutique place like Redline or somewhere else, if I had a $200k car it'd get the most expensive fluids available, changed every week!

'flame hat on, chin strap tight'

Originally Posted By: Olas
IIRC the block & heads use the same architecture as that found in the R8..maybe different in NA but over here in Europe they spec 5w30 for the 5.2 V10, makes no odds which chassis it's in, its the same engine.

Stick with the manufactureres reccomended grade, but buy it from a boutique place like Redline or somewhere else, if I had a $200k car it'd get the most expensive fluids available, changed every week!

'flame hat on, chin strap tight'

Are you sure about that? U.S. R8's get 10W-60.

http://microsites.audiusa.com/ngw/09/med...n_1997-2012.pdf

Hard to believe Europe would get a lighter oil.

-Dennis

Last edited:
AGIP SINT 2000 motor oil.

10W-40 is spec, if it's cold outside, I would use a 5W-40 (below freezing)

2012 and later the recommendation changed to "see operating manual".
2009-2011 was 5w30 ESP, probably because of the TSB you linked to.

My friends V12 Diablo takes 0w40 but originally the dealer used Castrol RS 10w60 in it.
I suggest going by the manual/dealer recommendation only on something like this, the engine cost a fortune.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
If you cannot afford to pay for the repair if anything goes wrong after an oil change, then you certainly cannot afford the liability if there's a warranty denial as a result of your oil recommendation.

And in that case, why are we even talking about this?

It isn't my car. I'm not going to change oil or anything else to it. Just like to know which oil is recommended for it.

This one's easy. I'd ask his son which Lamborghini dealer he'd like his father to visit for oil changes.

Congrats on his new car!

Any VW 502 00 (or whatever will end up superseding it) should work for you.

I saw this nice flyer on Audi's website (Remember that the Gallardo is an Audi R8)
check it out

M1 0w40 is probably the cheapest and easiest to obtain 502 oil.

Oil requirement for Lamborghini Gallardo?

I don't know right off the top of my head, but I'd really like to help you out on this. So you should send it to me for at a while so I can subject it to different duty cycles, and do some UOA's on different oils. I'll let you know what I find out, and I won't charge too much for my consulting fee.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Congrats on his new car!

Any VW 502 00 (or whatever will end up superseding it) should work for you.

I saw this nice flyer on Audi's website (Remember that the Gallardo is an Audi R8)
check it out

M1 0w40 is probably the cheapest and easiest to obtain 502 oil.

From the TSB. VW 501 01 and 505 00 From the look of it it is applicable to the 2012 and up V10

VW 501 01
VW 505 00
Castrol
Edge Professional TWS
Part Number: G
052 194 1L DSP
SAE 10W-60

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
My brother in Phoenix called this Sunday morning to inform me that his son bought him 2014 Lamborghini Gallardo at a cost of $200k. ..

What does your nephew drive?

My nephew is a little weirdo, his own car is an early 00's Honda Civic, his father liked to own a Lamborghini some years ago but couldn't afford it.

He saved up for 5-6 years and bought it with cash for his dad and still driving the beat up Civic.

He told his dad that he will buy a replacement for the Civic next year or the year after, probably a Civic SI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back