Savage 10BA in .338 Lapua

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Got it back, gunsmith said it had a ridge in the chamber causing the issue. It is smooth as a baby's bottom now.

Nice to have a local gunsmith that knows what he's doing. There aren't any within 200 miles of here worth their salt. I'd have him chamber up a new barrel for you, something around 28" long, not counting the brake. You will be amazed how far you can reach out and touch something with it.

overkill, nice looking rig, I have been thinking about pulling the trigger on one too, i am split between LRH and this one.

good to see you got the chamber polished, that is problem with other calibers too. how is the accuracy and what factory ammo are you using.

copper jumped 4x in the last few years.

Originally Posted By: stockrex
overkill, nice looking rig, I have been thinking about pulling the trigger on one too, i am split between LRH and this one.

good to see you got the chamber polished, that is problem with other calibers too. how is the accuracy and what factory ammo are you using.

copper jumped 4x in the last few years.

I have only had that one weekend with it when it had the chamber issue and have not had it out since. Will be taking it out again hopefully this weekend and then I'll have some better results
smile.gif

Ammo is Lellier & Bellot "match", 250gr JHP's. I'm getting it for $28/box if I buy a flat.

I've only been able to shoot it at 100 yards so far, so no real decent accuracy results. So far my .308 (10 FCP-K) is more accurate (1" @ 220 yards, less than .5" @ 100 yards) but that was with match-grade Hornady ammo (this stuff is labelled match too but I dunno, LOL).

I imagine it will shine when I start reloading for it. I'll have 140 rounds of brass for reloading after this case is done (flats are 100 rounds) so I hope to get into that once I run out of ammo
smile.gif

Lots of fun with this and the .270 today. Didn't put as much through it as I had intended but still decimated an old Blackberry, a transport stabilizer bar, a few targets....etc. A good day overall
thumbsup2.gif

Lots of fun with this and the .270 today. Didn't put as much through it as I had intended but still decimated an old Blackberry, a transport stabilizer bar, a few targets....etc. A good day overall
thumbsup2.gif

You're tempting me.....I have a Stiller Action, and a 30" Mike Rock barrel crying to be built into a .338 Lapua. Maybe in 2015.........

Put a new scope on the beast today. Bushnell Elite 6500 654305MD, which is a 4.5-30x50 MIL-DOT scope. Can't wait to sight it in!!
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks! They have a $100 MIR on them right now, so it made it an even better deal!
smile.gif

Sweet! You should get a side view of it as well.

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Thanks! They have a $100 MIR on them right now, so it made it an even better deal!
smile.gif

Sorry to take so long here!

This is actually from basically the same shoot as the above picture. Since then I've taken it out and sighted it in. Scope is fantastic! Very happy with its performance on this rifle
thumbsup2.gif

Savage110BA01.jpg

Side shot. I will be sure to snap some more the next time I have it out. I put 30 rounds through it last weekend and had a whole whack of fun
smile.gif

The 338 Lap is a wonderful cartridge. It is great for 1000 yard+ shooting. I really like the caliber . I have bone a bunch of shooting with the caliber but I don't own one. It is good to have friends with crazy gun collections.

smile.gif

This is actually from basically the same shoot as the above picture. Since then I've taken it out and sighted it in. Scope is fantastic! Very happy with its performance on this rifle
thumbsup2.gif

Savage110BA01.jpg

Side shot. I will be sure to snap some more the next time I have it out. I put 30 rounds through it last weekend and had a whole whack of fun
smile.gif

That is one sweet looking rifle! Now you just need a .50BMG caliber rifle
smile.gif

smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Savage110BA01.jpg

smile.gif

Nice! You have to treat yourself to a Nightforce scope next! Then shoot that puppy out to a mile.

Yep the Night force scope is incredible Costly but you get exactly what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back