Anyone own or fired a Coonan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I'm not going to get the Jag or the 'Vette; and I have enough watches for 3 lifetimes, I've been thinking of getting an expensive gun. Not TOO expensive, since I'd poop my pants if I scratched a Korth or a custom 10mm pistol, but I feel a Coonan would fill the bill for me. As you might expect, all of the gun rags like it. Does anyone without a financial interest have an opinion based on having fired and handled the gun?

If you poop your pants because you scratched a gun you probably shouldnt have one.

It's not like collecting stamps.

Last edited:
If I spend 5K for a gun that I don't keep careful track of, then I feel I might be justified at the loss of control if I do something to scratch it. I've never spent more than $600 for a gun. A Coonan would be a major investment for me. A Korth or some custom shop auto would be too much money for me to sink into a gun, because I wouldn't be comfortable using it for fear of damage that can't be fixed locally or inexpensively. If not an issue for you; then a tip of the hat to you, friend 123Saab!

Thanks.

I have some very expensive guns but I bought them all as "Daily Drivers".

I have no safe queens.

The point of owning a great gun is to be able to enjoy it IMHO.

Collecting is a whole different story. I dont Collect too many things.

Originally Posted By: 285south
Originally Posted By: whip
I'd get a high end 1911.

Such as a Kimber SIS Pro?

I was thinking an Ed Brown would fit the bill, but you can't go wrong with a Kimber either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back