Harley OCI frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shockproof heavy in my tranny,20000 mile intervals. Rotella t 15w-40 in the primary and engine,3000 miles,both drained at the same time.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Shockproof heavy in my tranny,20000 mile intervals. Rotella t 15w-40 in the primary and engine,3000 miles,both drained at the same time.
This. I do my primary every other oil change. Brad Penn 20-50 in the motor,Mobil 1 75-90 in the trans,Valvoline 20-50 MC oil in the primary.

Last edited:
Motor about every 5k give or take. The primary, about the same.I'll do the trans every 10 k. Being I use gear oil I might let the trans go a bit longer. Heck some people never change the trans oil in their cars and they go forever.,,

Isn't 5000 the interval the Motor Company recommends? When using the specified grade of oil?

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Isn't 5000 the interval the Motor Company recommends? When using the specified grade of oil?

Yep.

Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
How often do you guys change your fluids? DO you change all 3 at the same time? Do you let the primary go longer than the engine oil? Tranny? Thanks

I have a Revolution engine, so it's a shared sump.

It gets changed at close to 8,000 Kms as possible.
But has been pushed out to 10,000 Kms on one occasion.

Ducman don't tell anyone over on the duc forum but I'm a secret admirer of the Harley Dyna FLD switchback! Might be my 2nd bike someday. Everyone needs at least two bikes, right?

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Ducman don't tell anyone over on the duc forum but I'm a secret admirer of the Harley Dyna FLD switchback! Might be my 2nd bike someday. Everyone needs at least two bikes, right?

Switchback....nice. According to local dealer not selling as well as hoped around here.
I've always wanted to own a Ducati.....one day
smile.gif

i use to do all three holes at around/between 3k to 5k miles. but each time i looked at the trans oil it looked just as good as what i was putting back in. so now i do the motor and primary around 3k miles and the trans at every other change. i use gear oil in the trans. valvoline durablend 85w-140.

Motor at 5k Mobile 1 15-15
Primary at 10k Walmart 20-50
Trans at 20k Mobile 1 gear lube

Engine: Valvoline VR1 Racing 20W-50 conventional
Transmission: Mobil 1 75W-90 LS gear oil
Primary: Rotella or Delvac 15W-40 conventional

Change intervals:
Engine and Primary: 5,000 or one year, whichever comes first.
Transmission: 10,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back