How did you come across BITOG ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually googeling head gasket replacement cost when I came across a thread on BITOG that talked about the subject, after that I started reading other threads and found this to be a very informative website.
But yeah finding BITOG wasn't an oil related search for me, whats your story ?

I was looking up motor oil to see how well Auto Zone's store labeled brand stacks up to other brands. So I ran across this site & was hooked.

Auto Zone oil is not too bad and usually the price is low on a sale. But it is only one of many oils I have used.

I bought a new 2006 Tacoma and I was determined to achieve 250k miles out of it, and when I needed good oil change advice, Google got me here. I rarely post, but I've lurked for years.
I enjoy it immensely, and day-by-day it's probably my most visited site on the web. Sure beats following the news...

About eleven years ago I was looking for something else and I just happened to stumble across this website.

Last edited:
I first heard of BITOG from Tom Turner, host of the Saturday morning NW Auto Show on KVI-AM in Seattle. That was probably five years ago. Tom has been up very early on Saturdays for many years to do his great call-in show, and BITOG was a great tip.

Searching for information on Amsoil when I was considering using it back in '04. Finally joined in '05.

Last edited:
From my dad (TallPaul).
smile.gif

I never really understood what the viscosity grades meant, so did some searching, found BITOG, read about the various Corolla oil burning issues (which I have) and thought "this is a pretty useful forum". Lurked for a while and eventually registered to become the badpoaster I am today.

I was researching the correct oil for my new (to me) diesel Jetta. I got my question answered and just kept hanging around.

I was searching for info on some oil because our mechanic gave me a bunch of anti Pennzoil and Quaker State propaganda. I had been using Quaker State mostly before he told me that. Told me Mobil 1 was the only oil to use. Also told me what filters to use. I didn't believe in much of what he said so I had to find out for myself. I got my answers, thanks for everything guys.

I found it much like Eagles did ........

Last thing I remember, I was running for the door.
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before.
"Relax, " said the night man, "We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave!"

cool.gif

Somebody referenced it on the Corral and I joined and read a bit.

Then I took a hiatus and came back. Couldn't remember my username (would have been OVERKILL-something) and re-registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back