Looking for opinions - Involved in an accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call your insurance company.

My wife was rear ended and smashed into front car. We called our insurance company and they made the offender who hit/run pay(left plate imprint in her bumper). Our insurance company also got rid of parent of person(wife pressed into) who was calling us asking for rental car(5days) and us to pay for his daughters broken muffler at a shop he wanted but was too busy to perform for a while. I was quite satisfied when he stated my insurance company was quite mean. My insurance also got the driver who hit us to take responsibility for ALL damages.

Our adjuster told us to ignore the company of offending driver as he was handling it.

Progressive did their job well.

Some insurance replace entire vehicles too if damaged enough in first year of ownership.

Well having spoken to my insurance again, they said that since NJ is a no fault state that they cant really get the pip portion of my money back.

They did day that I could submit it to her insurance and see if they will pay for it but they wouldn't be required to.

About diminished value they also stated that once the vehicle is finished being repaired I could get the dealer and adjuster to look over it and assess cost.I'd have to submit that information to her insurance along with any other items.

My adjuster said so far it's roughly 3,200 in damages but it's going to look over the car more when he had more access.tow yard had it in a cramped spot and he couldn't get into it as much as he needed. He is towing it to my dealers body shop that is part of their jag and benz side of business. So kind of happy with that.

Supposed to be all oe too.

Sorry if my text is a little off (grammar and spelling) typing this up in my phone

Last edited:
Unless her insurance company doesn't pay for your accident related stuff, no lawyer is necessary. I believe you are being a bit premature here. That is barley and accident and your car looks driveable.

Obligatory woman driver comment.

Was just asking for thoughts. My first time involved in an accident, appreciate the advice of my peers who've give through these ordeals. I don't by any means want an attorney just trying to see if it's something that is usually necessary when it comes to these things.

I'll keep updating as I get information, everyone's input has been most helpful and greatly appreciated!

you dont need a Lawyer your insurance company should provide you with one unless you have that dollar a day insurance that covers only 10,000 which is not good at all

I'm an attorney, but not licensed in NJ.

I can't give you legal advice, especially not on the Internet.

But if you PM me with your contact data, I can refer you to a NJ colleague who can help you.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Your vehicle will definitely get fixed. But your vehicle, having been wrecked, is absolutely not worth what it was before. Aftermarket parts will be used and the vehicle history report may reflect this accident. And in 5 years the paint may not look good and there isn't anything you can do about it. What you need to do is get an auto appraiser the value of your car and see how much it has gone down, then sue her insurance company for diminished value.

Or talk to your insurance company about diminished value, they may be able to appraise it. Cash in your pocket.

I doubt aftermarket parts will be used. My ins company (State Farm) deals with local body shops who claim not to use aftermarket parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back