ZDDPlus

Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif

I often thought of running that in my 54 Plymouth. But with the gas getting into the oil it would be a waste.

What are you running it in?

Originally Posted By: morris
got to day my ZDDPlus 1 case 24 count $189. i know i know i go overboard sometimes. get over it.

Thats an understatement.

i have been running it in a 2001 dak V6 3.9. auto trans. stock with a 4.1 gear. in town driving only.

i have been using it for 2 years. but with that kind of product the proof is a few years down the line. i checked out a lot ZZD products. only by looking at the specs. they all are good. even STP. but ZZDPlus has a more zinc then all or most.

If there has been enough going downstream in your exhaust for a period of time.

Are you thinking about adding ZDDP for the vehicle in your signature?

" ZDDP can cause Catalytic damage.." my idea is only if the zinc gets out of the crankcase, and gets into the exhaust. i hope. we dont need no stekn catalytic converter!!!

Originally Posted By: David1
I have read that ZINC or ZDDP can cause Catalytic damage...

is that true?

Nope. It's the phos that kills cats. Zinc on its own doesn't do much of anything. It need the ddp part to create the tribochemical anti-wear layer

how would oil with a high Phos and/or zinc contain get into the combustion chamber besides through the PCV valve? if you want to use an oil like this just install an oil catch can so it will reduce the chances of oil (Phos/zinc) getting into the intake and combustion chamber then clogging the cat.

Originally Posted By: minis
how would oil with a high Phos and/or zinc contain get into the combustion chamber besides through the PCV valve? if you want to use an oil like this just install an oil catch can so it will reduce the chances of oil (Phos/zinc) getting into the intake and combustion chamber then clogging the cat.

Refer to SK industries piston ring reposting by Shannow:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...als#Post3242475

Refer to page 72: there's a 1~3um of oil film on the cylinder wall....

(*you can read the rest of them out of 80pages worth).

Bottomline: there's oil that gets past piston oil control rings and also 2 compression rings into the combustion chamber (that's how oil manages to lubricate all the rings, including the top combustion rings).

That oil film gets burned in a combustion chamber, even in an otherwise healthy/functional engine.

excessive ZDDP in oil will get burned and exhausted into the Catalytic converter...gradually lead to cat poisoning.

Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back