HM Oil after seal/gasket replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

My 2004 Mazda 6 with 130K has been leaking for a while now. Soon I'll have the valve/timing/oil pan seals replaced. After the repairs should I continue using the maxlife I've been using? Are there any more engine internals that could benefit from a HM oil? Thanks

Last edited:
To me that sounds like most of the seals that a high mileage oil would help with.. I am not sure if a high mileage oil would help to much or make much of a difference when it comes to rear and main seals, a expert may be able to chime in on that.

That being said, I don't see a reason why you couldn't keep using it IF you wanted to. If it were me, and I probably try a few runs of conventional or synthetic(non-high mileage), whatever your poison is, since it would save me some money either by getting conventional a couple bucks cheaper, or getting a normal syn oil and running it a little longer.. If your consumption stayed down, you could stick with a non-high mileage syn or conventional, and if it doesn't, go back to the MaxLife.

Last edited:
I don't remember it consuming oil other than it dumping on the garage floor, other than that I haven't noticed anything else. Engine sounds great and no exhaust issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back