Toyota recalls 6.4m cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
The facts:
1)Despite their massive recall campaigns for sludge/rust/unintended acceleration/etc. and billions forked over to the Feds(NHTSA), Toyotas undeniably hold their residual(resale) values well over the years. I should know I recently(last year) sold a 2002 Sequoia and received nearly 50% of what I bought it for brand new 11 years ago. LINK1 LINK2 LINK3
2)For the past 19 years of documented recalls and complaints to the NHTSA, Toyota is far from the leaders in those respective categories. LINK

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
That being said, I never felt import brands were superior to anything domestic.

I personally don't feel they are either. Although both of our current cars have given us near-flawless service, so have most of the previous vehicles we've owned, which have been overwhelmingly "domestic" branded. One of my best was produced during the "dark years" of the mid 1980s, my 1984 Olds Cutlass. My wife had a '97 SC2 that was excellent, and I had a '97 SLS that was excellent.

The funniest thing is we all make HUGE generalizations about cars when most of us have owned very few.

Even a guy who has a dozen cars of the EXACT same model could hardly generalize about the entire production run.

Except here...

Exactly. I did just the opposite right about the same time frame
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Originally Posted By: whip
I find it very interesting that not a single poster has sworn to never buy a Toyota like they did in the GM recall thread.

I swore that in the 1980s. No need to re-swear it now! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back