Malaysia Airlines 777 loses contact...not found

Status
Not open for further replies.
No conspiracy. The batteries are certified to last a certain amount of time. That does not mean they die at exactly that time frame, only that they are guaranteed to last at LEAST that long.

As to the other comments I'm not even going to waste my time...

Originally Posted By: Blaze
When it comes down to it this plane most likely would have never been found if those Rolls Royce engine didn't produce that ping.

The ping is from the flight recorder aka black box.

They were saying weeks ago the batteries would likely last a couple weeks longer than a month. Of course you have to be close to the pingers to hear them and throwing darts at a map and then searching isn't going to get your there.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
When it comes down to it this plane most likely would have never been found if those Rolls Royce engine didn't produce that ping.

The word "ping" has been over-used by the media....causing quite a bit of ambiguity when the word is used.

What Blaze was referring to was the satellite data reporting from the RR engines that continued for 5 hours after the airplane turned off course. Data wasn't uploaded (turns out that Malaysian Air didn't pay for that feature like other airlines have) but the Boeing and RR systems were still on the plane and still connected to satellites in a "ping" - much like your cellphone "pings" each new tower it sees to initiate a connection.

That attempted connection (and the analysis of Doppler shift and time) enabled the new search area.

Now, in that new search area, they're listening for a 37.5 KHz acoustic "ping" to locate the CVR and FDR...

Last edited:
They have apparently picked up a possible signal again for the fifth time. Every time they pick up the signal they can reduce the size of the search area. And the British ship HMS Echo is now headed for that area. The Echo can do ocean floor research.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
They have apparently picked up a possible signal again for the fifth time. Every time they pick up the signal they can reduce the size of the search area. And the British ship HMS Echo is now headed for that area. The Echo can do ocean floor research.

The sad thing is that people are still holding on to their conspiracy theories. Somehow a story about a commercial plane that randomly disappears and for some reason ends up at the bottom of the Indian Ocean isn't bizarre enough.

When I heard about the strange disappearance of this airliner I personally kept all possible situations on the table. Obviously not nonsense like a UFO capturing the airliner or The Nine Unknown being involved or the airliner being flown to Area 51. But all reasonable possibilities. It could have been hijacked (and there still is a possibility of that). There could have been a fire or major mechanical malfunction. It could have been a pilot suicide.

But now with these signals being picked up I don't think there is much question that this airliner is on the bottom of the ocean. We will not definitely have proof of course until the wreckage is actually spotted and photographed but I doubt very seriously that the people involved in this search, such as the Australians, Americans, British, etc., are lying. It is still strange that no wreckage has been spotted floating on the ocean surface. I don't know what that means. Maybe they just searched in the wrong areas.

We still have to find out what happened. There is still the possibility of some incredible mechanical malfunction although I think the chances of that are low. There are still possibilities like a pilot suicide or a hijacking gone wrong. Once they find the black boxes maybe then we will have the answers.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: Trajan

The word "ping" has been over-used by the media....causing quite a bit of ambiguity when the word is used.

What Blaze was referring to was the satellite data reporting from the RR engines that continued for 5 hours after the airplane turned off course. Data wasn't uploaded (turns out that Malaysian Air didn't pay for that feature like other airlines have) but the Boeing and RR systems were still on the plane and still connected to satellites in a "ping" - much like your cellphone "pings" each new tower it sees to initiate a connection.

That attempted connection (and the analysis of Doppler shift and time) enabled the new search area.

Now, in that new search area, they're listening for a 37.5 KHz acoustic "ping" to locate the CVR and FDR...

Ahh. Sometimes I get into a very literal mode. I knew from previous posts that the engines transmit, but though that as the plane is on the ocean floor...

Hey, I learned something
smile.gif

If or when the BB's are recovered, what is the process of recovering the Data? Who gets access to it first?

I have this 50's movie vision of a bunch of guys with solemn expressions standing around a loud speaker
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: expat
If or when the BB's are recovered, what is the process of recovering the Data? Who gets access to it first?

Don't know the process of recovery, but I think Malaysia would get it. It's their aircraft after all.

The aircraft belongs to Malaysia of course and the wreckage is in international waters. But on CNN and FOX News they were saying that the black boxes will go either to Australia or the USA and that the wreckage might first go to Australia to be studied.

I find it very coincidental that just as the batteries are expiring they suddenly hear pings, what are the odds?

Again, still no shred of evidence they have actually found anything.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
I find it very coincidental that just as the batteries are expiring they suddenly hear pings, what are the odds?

But then....you find EVERYTHING coincidental. Especially if it fits nicely into a conspiracy theory.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

Originally Posted By: MNgopher
No conspiracy. The batteries are certified to last a certain amount of time. That does not mean they die at exactly that time frame, only that they are guaranteed to last at LEAST that long.

Just in case you missed it the first time.

Originally Posted By: andrewg

Quote:

But then....you find EVERYTHING coincidental. Especially if it fits nicely into a conspiracy theory.

Have the authorities actually FOUND any "tangible" evidence?
If they have they have yet to declare it to the general public.

I certainly don't believe in "coincidences".

It cannot be denied that the authorities detected "supposed" pings just as the rated time frame for those batteries was being exhausted, that is NO coincidence, it is a fact.
Conspiracy or no conspiracy.

Again the other puzzling aspect of this situation is that if the plane did indeed crash into the ocean it is nearly impossible that debris would not have floated on top of the surface of the water.

Last edited:
Actually they did find something. They detected four signals from what is probably one or both of the black boxes. The area they are searching right now for floating wreckage is about 18,000 square miles but I think they said the area they are searching for signals from the black box is about 50 square miles. The signals from the black box can travel only so far so it is extremely likely the wreckage of the airliner is somewhere in that 50 square mile area.

It is highly likely that they will find the wreckage from this airliner. Even if the battery in the black box is dead it is a matter of time searching the bottom of that 50 square mile area using the Blue Fin equipment.

And they don't want to say so but for all practical purposes they have already found this airliner. Those signals almost certainly came from the black box. Experts have looked at the signals.

But the families are demanding the wreckage and of course everybody wants to get the black boxes at least. So until the wreckage is actually imaged with sonar equipment and photographed and the black boxes at least recovered this will not be done.

But really they found the airliner when they detected those signals if you stop to think about it. I don't think somebody throw black box equipment into the ocean.

I said "tangible" evidence, pings are NOT material evidence.

You don't think evidence is ever manufactured in events like this?
Hmmm. I'm not saying they would in this case, but to claim that authorities never falsify evidence or other aspects of such a case is interesting.

Last edited:
Why would Australia, America ... fabricate any evidence ? What do they want to hide ? Everybody wants to find out how the accident happened to prevent the same thing in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back