Metro Master Blaster 8hp -- thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like it plugs into a standard 110 outlet.

IMO, won't be 8 hp, ever.

Looks like a vacuum with the hose on the other (blower) end.

And pricey!!!

I have the little Metro Side Kick and I regret getting it (actually it was a Christmas present). On the plus side it's quiet and the heated air is nice however it simply doesn't move enough of it. I wish it were the Air Force Blaster which I'm sure would be great but the price couldn't be justified. So unless I come up with some mad money that's burning a hole in my pocket I'll continue to use my leaf blower.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
It looks like it plugs into a standard 110 outlet.

IMO, won't be 8 hp, ever.

Looks like a vacuum with the hose on the other (blower) end.

And pricey!!!

When someone figures a way to get 8hp (6000 watts) out of a 20 amp 120v outlet (2400 watts) they will be the richest person in the world and they won't need to sell this sort of thing.

$330+!!! It's definately for the self employed mobile detailer. A $40 wet/dry vac with a blower hose on wheels would work as well for everyone else. Even a battery powered leaf blower with a smaller tip would work too if you cannot have it corded.

Last edited:
I picked up a handheld electric leaf blower (less than $40) that I use to dry my car. It does speed up the drying process (espeically when using on a freshly waxed car) and like you said less touches equals less chances to damage the paint (just watch the cord as it can do some damage).

The leaf blower is espeically helpful in getting the wheels dry and getting all of the water out between the body pannels and around the mirrors. After blowing the car off I just have to hit a few areas with my MF WW drying towel and I am done!

However, I have to say when I am drying my car using the blower my neigbor does look at me oddly.

Critic,

It WILL do what you want in spades but at what price? You can accomplish the same thing (as I did for years) with a 2 stroke gas powered lightweight blower for less than 1/2 the price. A plug in electric leaf blower will work as well (although it will take a few minutes longer) and you can use it on more areas than just the car as with the gas powered one. If you are a major SFO tree hugger then this is your machine. Use common sense my friend. Sometimes the most expensive item just doesn't make any sense, this is one of those times.

I would pass on those. A leaf blower is a lot cheaper and just as effective.

The best thing to prevent water spots would most definitely be a water deionizer unit. Then you wouldn't even have to worry about water spots at all.

No special drying technique needed and you don't have to touch the paint and there's zero risk of blowing debris across paint and possibly marring the paint.

Last edited:
The master blaster is pricey but does a better job given it offers more precision than a leaf blower. I have seen some put a hose on a leaf blower to emulate this. It is definitely a personal opinion and if you get a chance to try it yourself.

I, like so many above, just use a leaf blower. And if I want to get more precise, I use a 1-1/4" blower nozzle on my old shop vac dedicated for blow off cars, gets the job done just as well as the metro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back