Walmart pulled SOPUS off the shelf in my town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to China Mart today to pick up some of the last of the old PU and didn't see any PCMO SOPUS products, just a sign to see the cashier in the automotive Dept.

The lady said people were taking all the tops off of the 5 QT jugs for the fuel deal code. They had to throw away 32 5 QT jugs earlier this week because none had caps on them.

What a waste.

Last edited:
Wherever the home of the cts-v is seems like a pretty trashy place. I saw one bottle with a sticker pulled off but nothing more than that. It's sad that people stoop so low to steal.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Wherever the home of the cts-v is seems like a pretty trashy place. I saw one bottle with a sticker pulled off but nothing more than that. It's sad that people stoop so low to steal.

Lansing, MI. area It's where the CTS and ATS Caddies are made

Are the jugs foil sealed? If they are that could have been a good buy if you were there at the right time.

I hope they didn't just throw them away. I hope they drained them first.

Pennzoil isn't foil sealed.

It's sad to think all that fresh PU and PP going possibly into the recycling tank or trash. Hopefully a lucky WM tech got to take them home.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Hahahaha

Absolutely ridiculous that Wal Mart would throw away perfectly good product, somebody out to call Wal Mart corporate and ask them to remove the caps and sell the oil at a slight discount.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Absolutely ridiculous that Wal Mart would throw away perfectly good product, somebody out to call Wal Mart corporate and ask them to remove the caps and sell the oil at a slight discount.

Walmart can never do that for liability reasons. If a person buys some of this discounted oil and the engine blows up, they can sue Walmart. It's the same reason why all grocery stores have to throw away perfectly good food even if it's only expired for 1 day.

Better, dump the oil in the bulk oil change tanks...

So long as you match the weight, who is going to know what brand it is...

Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
Better, dump the oil in the bulk oil change tanks...

So long as you match the weight, who is going to know what brand it is...

Yep, dumping it in the bulk tank would surely improve its quality but Walmart uses 6 gallon wine boxes iirc.

On the other hand, SOPUS should just invalidate that stupid promotion so that there would be no reason to take them off,
slap a large notification on the shelf and on the cap itself.
Problem solved. Usually those promotional programs can be pulled at any time at the discretion of the company.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Ouch. Hope that doesn't happen around her. Goes to show you how gas prices are driving people to commit crimes.
Umm...no. Goes to show how low people will stoop to try to get one over on "the man" and in the long run put us all in the same situation as 2 boards joined by an inclined plane wrapped in a spiral around a cylinder.

This explains it! When I picked up a 5qt jug of Platinum at Meijer for the kid's car, all the new jugs were missing caps. I ended up getting a jug of 10w-30, but it was in the older style jug, which would explain why the cap was still on it.

I sent in a scanned copy of the Walmart receipt and got this response:
Thank you for your participation in the Pennzoil® Fuel Rewards® Savings Promotion.
We have reviewed your submission in accordance with the Terms and Conditions for this promotion, and
your submission did not qualify for the Fuel Rewards savings based on the following:

Invoice/Receipt not sent
Un-identified Store

I'm in the process of sending them the receipt EVERY DAY until they send me the code...and if I don't get it soon I'll be calling Shell exec. offices...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back