2012 Nissan Pathfinder OC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am purchasing a used 2012 Nissan Pathfinder with less than 8,000 miles from a used car dealer and the dealer lost the owners manual so I was wondering if someone here could recommend an oil and correct oil weight for the 4.0 V6 and are Nissan oil filters any good ? If not are there any good filter options for the 4.0 V6 Pathfinder?

5.4 quarts is about the correct capacity, but it doesn't need to be synthetic. The owner's manual, available here from Nissan USA, should you wish to download it, calls for 5w-30 in SM/GF-4 or better. Here is the warranty guide and service schedule. As for filters, I've never tried a Nissan OEM one yet, but that's simply because I'm afraid of pricing up here.
wink.gif

That's interesting. I wonder where they came up with that. It's certainly not in the manual. The requirements are word for word what my G calls for (capacity aside, of course).

On the other hand, anyone buying Amsoil is getting synthetic anyhow, but I've never seen such wording there. I'd assume some German makes on the Amsoil application guide would have that wording, though.

Perhaps a European manual calls for an A5/B5 or something like that. Here, they've been clinging to SM/GF-4 or better 5w-30s with a 3750 mile severe service interval for a pretty long time.

I just checked the Amsoil link. The synthetic requirement is for the rear differential, calling for 75w-90, which is usually a synthetic anyhow. I do have to give that Amsoil site credit for keeping up on Wix's filter number change better than many stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back