2014 Subaru Forester XT - Factory Fill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Ive gotten diesel contaminated gasoline up here out of "regular gasoline" pumps at a Gulf Station in Plasistow, NH.
Once bitten, Now, I'll pump 1/2 gal. and sniff the pump nozzle before completely dispensing - this get lots of looks.

scenario#1
Tanker Trucker Guy has 100 gal of HHO#2 or Diesel "leftover" now he has to make a gasoline run up to the port. In goes the gas on top of the #2.

That would explain your fuel dilution as the engines would go into retard timing and rich to cover any knock tendencies.

Did the car run doggy for a while? And you had the hard start issue!
Things are adding up, Holmes
smile.gif

Yes I had the hard start issue, but aside from that the car was running fine. I've hooked up my obd reader briefly to it a couple times and there were never any pending codes, I didn't think there was any reason to look and see if it was retarding timing.

Bill @ Wearcheck did mention they had a couple diesel samples lately coming back with gasoline in the tank, so I guess the opposite isn't a far fetched possibility. What lends credence to that too is that the gas station I filled up at last is right by the highway, so it probably sees more trucks than some other stations. I'd have HOPED that since I'm filling with premium only they'd at least only do their diesel dumping in the regular tanks, but I guess there's really no way to tell.

Bottom line though is that the wear looks ok for the factory fill right? I will likely do another sample mid-OCI with the help of someone from my local board, or just wait another 4000km and send in at my next change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back