Another recall...Ford this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recalls for rusty Fords in the salt belt, they need to recall them all back to 1950.
lol.gif

Seriously if this had been GM there would be 32 pages of GM hate already along with a Congressional investigation and demanding the CEO's head.

I would much rather have a car that the ignition turned off going down the road than my subframe rusting and disconnecting the control arm.

If I had the GM problem, I would simply put the car in neutral while driving, and start it up and continue on down the road

If I had the Ford problem, I would, well, say a quick prayer and count my lucky stars that I don't lose control.

And people made a big deal over the GM recall, Lol.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Recalls for rusty Fords in the salt belt, they need to recall them all back to 1950.
lol.gif

Seriously if this had been GM there would be 32 pages of GM hate already along with a Congressional investigation and demanding the CEO's head.

I disagree. People don't get upset due to mother nature and salt. They get upset over failure to address known issues related to specific auto parts.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I would much rather have a car that the ignition turned off going down the road than my subframe rusting and disconnecting the control arm.

If I had the GM problem, I would simply put the car in neutral while driving, and start it up and continue on down the road

If I had the Ford problem, I would, well, say a quick prayer and count my lucky stars that I don't lose control.

Also I had a Chevy truck that the fuel pump relay would occasionally lose connection and stall the truck. It really wasn't a big deal to start it back up. You still have brake pressure unless you pump the brakes like an idiot and you'd have to be a 110 year old woman to not be able to steer without power steering,

Originally Posted By: outoforder
lol.gif

I disagree. People don't get upset due to mother nature and salt. They get upset over failure to address known issues related to specific auto parts.

+1....minor issue compared to using defective parts for 10 years and knowing about it......that ended up killing people.

If the investigation shows that someone at GM knew about this issue...before they were bailed out by the government....GM is in major do-do by not saying this to the government prior to the bailout.

Also I had a Chevy truck that the fuel pump relay would occasionally lose connection and stall the truck. It really wasn't a big deal to start it back up. You still have brake pressure unless you pump the brakes like an idiot and you'd have to be a 110 year old woman to not be able to steer without power steering,

So Nick, The people who died because of this deserved to because they were Idiots?

Its already shaping up to be that kind of thread, and its about a FORD recall! LOL Nothing ever changes here.

IBTL- It seems recalls are becoming more and more frequent, and impact a lot more cars. I remember my cousin's Toyota rotting out from the Adirondack mountains winters, and he took good care of his vehicles.

lol.gif

Ford has known for a lot longer than a decade that they were using sub standard metal for frames and did nothing about it.
what's your point?

lol.gif

Ford has known for a lot longer than a decade that they were using sub standard metal for frames and did nothing about it.
what's your point?

I guess the '99 Sierra I saw in Pull-A-Part this weekend had some of that Ford metal in the frame. The frame was completely split on both sides due to rust right behind the cab.
grin.gif
I think AL gets a lot of salt ruined garbage because down here, you can drive it until the thing splits in half on the road, no inspection to take it out of service preemptively.

I am amazed at how far back a lot of these rust recalls go. The problem is, the people who find out about the problem first get screwed. They have to junk the vehicle before the recall ever goes out.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab

So Nick, The people who died because of this deserved to because they were Idiots?

I said they're idiots if they pump their brakes if the car stalls. If you go drive down an empty road, shift into neutral and turn your car off. Guess what? You still have brakes! Don't pump them!

Cars back in the day didn't have power steering. It takes a little muscle while rolling to turn. It is NOT that difficult unless you're going really slow or are already stopped

I said they're idiots if they pump their brakes if the car stalls. If you go drive down an empty road, shift into neutral and turn your car off. Guess what? You still have brakes! Don't pump them!

Cars back in the day didn't have power steering. It takes a little muscle while rolling to turn. It is NOT that difficult unless you're going really slow or are already stopped

Many of these drivers were also impaired and there were other contributing factors to these accidents. As a licensed, responsible driver you should have control of your vehicle so that even if it stalls you are able to navigate it safely.

Originally Posted By: css9450

Its already shaping up to be that kind of thread, and its about a FORD recall! LOL Nothing ever changes here.

Nothing new. SSDD.

Well wonder how this will effect our 04 Escape. Yeah it's got a rusting problem. Chevy's nickel and dime and Ford's rust guess I'll buy Toyota's next. Can't stop them.. literally! Compared to the 02 Focus it's almost amazing. After they see subframe wonder if they'll buy it back.. not that I would.

I wouldn't say deserved, I'd say their intelligence or lack of prevented them from staying in the gene pool.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Eric Smith
I'll buy Toyota's next. Can't stop them.. literally!

Sure, they never have problems.
Quote:
For the second consecutive year, Toyota Motor Corp. won the recall crown, according to federal safety regulators.

http://articles.latimes.com/2014/feb/04/autos/la-fi-hy-toyota-most-recalls-nhtsa-20140204

And before you think Honda is perfect.
Quote:
Honda Motor Co. posted the third-most recalls, totaling 2.8 million autos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back