Xbox one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here have one? My inlaws bought my 10yr old son one for his birthday next week and I was wondering if there are any known problems with them yet. I was one of the unlucky ones that had one of the original xboxs that had the bad hard drive in it, of course it didn't fail until it was out of warranty, but I know it was a common problem with them. I then bought a halo edition Xbox that worked great for years, but by then I learned which serial numbers had the good hard drive. My brother fell victim to the first Xbox 360s that had the solder connections that started to melt when he board got to hot, he even had the cooling fan for his. I got a 360 for Christmas a couple years ago and knock on wood, its been doing fine so far. Just wondering if I should expect any issues with the new one. I have a ps3 and love sonys reliable reputation, I just tend to prefer he xboxs game library and controllers a bit more. Sony tends to remind me of the " Toyota " of the gaming system world and Microsoft the " Fiat " of it:)

I have one. I don't know of any hardware issues that have come to light. I have had a few software issues with it but they've been mostly resolved with updates.

The first update caused the screen to go black occasionally and the only way to fix it was to hard restart the Xbox. This has since been fixed. The other issue that I still have is sometimes my pins in the metro interface say they can't load. Not a huge deal as you can still get to everything by going into your apps screen. Just a little bit of an inconvenience to take the extra step.

Finally, more of a game/Xbox live issue than an Xbox issue itself is that I've never gotten the multiplayer in Assasins Creed Black Flag to work. I always get an error.

I was gonna say the fact that it's $100 more than a PS4, but since you didn't buy it... No not really any enjoyment killers. Enjoy the console! It's fun. And go grab titanfall if you don't have it coming with the XBone. It's a blast. But for your kid, there are a bunch of games that are online for download so the library isn't as small as the PS4 is right now. The only thing I can't stand (maybe cause I play a bit much) is that the controllers die SO quick.

I talked to someone the other day and they said the main reason the Xbox is $100 more is because it comes with the camera or movement sensor, what ever they call it. Sony sells theirs separately, so if you don't want it, you don't have to buy it. That may not be completely true, but that's what I was told. I believe they bought titanfall for him as well, which excites me. Kids gonna [censored] his pants when he sees it though, its all he's asked for since they came out. I felt so bad cause I knew there's no way we would have the money for one at least till they get older and start coming down in price, but my wife's parents like to spoil him.

Guys at GameStop told me it's $100 more for the royalties they have to give don't for using blu ray... Although I didn't think about the sensor and stuff being a part of the price as well... Makes sense though.

Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21
Guys at GameStop told me it's $100 more for the royalties they have to give don't for using blu ray... Although I didn't think about the sensor and stuff being a part of the price as well... Makes sense though.

100% of the extra $100 is the camera that they bundle with it. Blu Ray licensing costs almost nothing.

Think about it, you can go to Walmart and buy an off brand Blu Ray player for under $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back