Nascar Rain Delays...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like every race this year had one.
mad.gif

And what is this [censored] of trying to pawn the coverage off onto Fox Sports One?

Not everyone has access to your Fox Sports One channel, you idiots...

Getting frustrating to say the least, look forward to my sundays.....not rain delays and the constant "we are about ready to kick things off after the commercial break" only to keep us hanging on.

And you wonder why NASCAR ticket sales and TV ratings are in the dumpster.Time to expand Global RallyCross to a full season,fit rain/mud tires and go for it....

Rain tires exist, NASCAR should use them. Other race organizations race in the rain like real men.(and women).

Last edited:
They can't race on an oval in the rain. The speeds they go it does not make sense. NASCAR actually has run on road courses in the rain. The Winston Cup Series did it at one of the races in Motegi Japan and Nationwide did it when they were at Circuit Giles Villeneuve.

There is alot of ignorance in this thread. Run in the rain....yea I dare you to do that under their circumstances!! And nascar is just so awful how dare they make it rain. Thats why the sport is going to [censored] because the rain.....jeeeeez!!

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
And you wonder why NASCAR ticket sales and TV ratings are in the dumpster.Time to expand Global RallyCross to a full season,fit rain/mud tires and go for it....

I know i quit watching when they went to one body style. The only difference between manufacturers body styles was the ford/chevy/toyota stick placed on it. To much trying to make it equal,well is supposed to be a manufactures competition too. Make it conform to a certain percentage of what you sell on the street and let the chips fall where they may.

Last edited:
I thought it was "stock car" racing? Every "stock car" I have seen is capable of driving in the rain.

Turning right and driving in the rain ... just too much ...

Originally Posted By: ram_man
There is alot of ignorance in this thread.

Yup. I have seen Sports Car racing, F1 and Indy postpone, yellow flag or red flag races due to rain.

Also "stock car" in racing terms does not mean off the showroom stock. I would love to see someone take a bone stock car and slam it into a wall at 200+mph and walk away.

I can nt see to drive 65 in rain in traffic.so lets watch 200 mph cars slowed to 75 in the rain. makes sense

If they all have the same aero they should have limitless power (within reason). If they all have the same output they should have limitless aero. Alternate odd and even years. Oh and give extra points and trophies to guys who have not won in a while, just like in little league. Give Dennis Leary more material to work with.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
There is alot of ignorance in this thread. Run in the rain....yea I dare you to do that under their circumstances!! And nascar is just so awful how dare they make it rain. Thats why the sport is going to [censored] because the rain.....jeeeeez!!

Bah, I had a long reply and erased it. But wouldn't driving in the rain test the drivers' skill?

It's no longer a driving competition where the best driver wins, but rather a dramatic show put on for the fans in order to collect their money.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Time to expand Global RallyCross to a full season,fit rain/mud tires and go for it....

I'm ALL for that!!
thumbsup2.gif

...and TELEVISE EVERY round!!!
cool.gif
19.gif

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
They can't race on an oval in the rain. The speeds they go it does not make sense.

EXACTLY why there should be more road courses!
wink.gif

Most of the live, in person, ticket buying, fans are too busy partying to care either way, or to complain about not being able to see the whole 'show' ALL of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back