Malaysia Airlines 777 loses contact...not found

Status
Not open for further replies.
My original theory is starting to make more and more sense every day. The airliner was stolen and landed somewhere on a heavy duty runway. It's probably getting a fresh coat of wax on it right now.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Originally Posted By: Turk
Yea, he may have done a soft water landing in order for it to sink whole or as whole as possible...

Why? Hijacked the plane to take it to the Indian Ocean and go swimming?

Why would he care about the condition of it after a ditching?

Why?

In case he wanted to sink the plane in its fullest condition possible.
So it would be the hardest to find.
So the pinging device would be expired.

Time to pull out those tin foil hats again...

50.gif

Why? Because he wanted to give conspiracy theorists something to do?

9/11 excepted, airliners are hijacked because you want to go somewhere, or have people released from some prison. You have a plane full of hostages to keep you safe.

I really doubt he hijacked a plane to land on the Indian Ocean.

Much easier to just rent a plane if that's what he wanted to do.

Crazy people kill other people before killing themselves all the time. This time, the weapon may have been an aircraft.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Time to pull out those tin foil hats again...

50.gif

They've never been put away.

Yea, he may have done a soft water landing in order for it to sink whole or as whole as possible...

Why?

In case he wanted to sink the plane in its fullest condition possible.
So it would be the hardest to find.
So the pinging device would be expired.

Let me guess. he arranged for a Tango class submarine to pick him up after he took the plane for a joyride
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
My original theory is starting to make more and more sense every day. The airliner was stolen and landed somewhere on a heavy duty runway. It's probably getting a fresh coat of wax on it right now.

And the original question is, where?

Anywhere within 9395 nautical miles from where it took off.

Anywhere within 9395 nautical miles from where it took off.

Then it landed nowhere except the sea.

If the aircraft did in fact fly into the south Indian Ocean the pilot would have had a hard time trying to achieve a soft landing on the ocean surface. It is likely the aircraft still would have broken up and there should be some wreckage. So after tens of thousands of miles of searching where is the wreckage? Not a single piece has been found. In fact, if the pilot had attempted a soft landing on the ocean there would probably be more wreckage floating around then if he had slammed the aircraft nose first into the ocean at high speed.

I am still thinking that it is probably 95% that this airliner is at the bottom of the Indian Ocean. But I am also considering some other possibilities. And the bottom line is the last time the Malaysian military radar observed what was likely this aircraft (with the transponder and ACARS turned off) it was flying west. If it had flown south it would have somehow had to evade major radar in the Singapore area. If the Malaysian radar was able to pick it up (and we know how capable they are, do we not?) that airliner definitely would have been picked up by radar in Singapore.

I am not trying to engage in some wild conspiracy theory. But I am saying we need to consider all potential possibilities. We can't all be robots following the storyline that all are expected to follow.

No wreckage has been found even with a massive search effort. We are not talking about Flight 19 or whatever it was called that disappeared off Florida. We are not talking about World War II aircraft. We are talking about a large airliner.

Originally Posted By: Blaze
I wonder why Malaysian officials won't release the actual recorded pilots conversion?

All they would have is the conversation with controllers. Considering they don't have the cockpit voice recorder, they won't have anything beyond that.

9,395.0001 nautical miles = 10,811.573 land miles

Kuala Lumper to Tehran Iran = 3,907.38 land miles

Kuala Lumpur to Islamabad Pakistan = 2,852.24 land miles

9,395.0001 nautical miles = 10,811.573 land miles

Kuala Lumper to Tehran Iran = 3,907.38 land miles

Kuala Lumpur to Islamabad Pakistan = 2,852.24 land miles

So what? It could not fly over Indian airspace, Pakistani airspace, or Iranian airspace with out being detected.

I have to buy Reynolds Consumer Products stock.

BTW, a 777-200ER has a nautical mile range of 7,725. Directly from Boeing.

The Chinese have picked up a signal about 932 miles from Perth, Australia. It may be the signal from the black box but they are not sure yet. It is the right frequency but they picked up the signal just briefly. It is probably about 10,000 feet deep there with hills and canyons on the bottom.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I wonder why Malaysian officials won't release the actual recorded pilots conversion?

All they would have is the conversation with controllers. Considering they don't have the cockpit voice recorder, they won't have anything beyond that.

I think there could possibly be valuable info on the conversations with the controllers. Stress on voices, who was piloting and who knows what the FBI could do with this (stress analysis) and the list goes on. Lets the relatives listen to it. Its possible they could recognize something that's not quite right with either pilot.

To make the world see how inept the Malaysian government is? I think we'd all agree he succeeded.

I think there could possibly be valuable info on the conversations with the controllers.

I should hope that's been done already. But, that doesn't mean the conversations have to be released. I wouldn't even know where to begin who would be responsible for that between international law, Malaysian law, and airline policy.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I think there could possibly be valuable info on the conversations with the controllers.

I should hope that's been done already. But, that doesn't mean the conversations have to be released. I wouldn't even know where to begin who would be responsible for that between international law, Malaysian law, and airline policy.

Well, airline policy does not trump the Malaysian courts. I've looked at international law vis a vis airlines, and haven't found any regulation that says they *have* to release it. But that doesn't mean it isn't there.

http://aviation.uslegal.com/international-aviation-law/

Here's the transcripts of the communications.

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/interna...eleased/1288866

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back