Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Quote:

Yikes, did you check that long term bottom trendline on IBB? Price is right there. I'd be more inclined to buy IBB/BIB. In fact, that looks like an incredible trade for next week for a bounce.

Drew, you called it...

I also took a fairly decent loss on my bear call spread on the SPY...
frown.gif

Interesting quote on gold:

Quote:
Two years ago gold bugs ran wild as the price of gold rose nearly six times. But since cresting two years ago it has steadily declined, almost by half, putting the gold bugs in flight. The most recent advisory from a leading Wall Street firm suggests that the price will continue to drift downward, and may ultimately settle 40% below current levels.

The rout says a lot about consumer confidence in the worldwide recovery. The sharply reduced rates of inflation combined with resurgence of other, more economically productive investments, such as stocks, real estate, and bank savings have combined to eliminate gold's allure.

Although the American economy has reduced its rapid rate of recovery, it is still on a firm expansionary course. The fear that dominated two years ago has largely vanished, replaced by a recovery that has turned the gold speculators' dreams into a nightmare.

The source is the August 29, 1976 edition of The New York Times.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: Turk
I bought a little BIS today...

Looks like I bought too little as BIS is beginning to take off!

All-aboard? (imho, use your own discretion, duh)
lol.gif

Yikes, did you check that long term bottom trendline on IBB? Price is right there. I'd be more inclined to buy IBB/BIB. In fact, that looks like an incredible trade for next week for a bounce.

I sold my BIS too early, guess I got scared off, but that's ok.

Up 8 1/2% so far today.
frown.gif

Up 8 1/2% so far today.
frown.gif

Yes indeed. I also expected this to drop some more before reentering the trade. DGAZ looks good at these levels. I'm really preoccupied to figure out exit plan for the gold/gold miners I entered recently.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
ibb/bib in a dive!

Yep, which is why I was using the probabilities & originally bought BIS.
smile.gif

I just love "experts":
"I don't think the pullback is already over," Yamada, of Louise Yamada Technical Research Advisors, said on Tuesday's episode of " Futures Now ."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/happens-p-real-trouble-yamada-182953086.html

and the true gem:
"The one positive, of course, is that 2015, as a year ending in 5, has a very good record of being an up year," the technician said. "That's the silver lining."
33.gif

Ouch!

Dow Jones Industrial Average DJI
16,170.22 Down 266.96(1.62%)

S&P 500
1,833.08 Down 39.10(2.09%)

NASDAQ Composite
4,054.11 Down 129.79(3.10%)

The Russel and Nasdaq put in a top IMO; any relief rallies come right into the 20/50 day moving averages where a lot of supply now sits and will be sold.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
The Russel and Nasdaq put in a top IMO; any relief rallies come right into the 20/50 day moving averages where a lot of supply now sits and will be sold.

Naz needs to hold 4000
SPX broke support at 1840... now resistance.

CHL has been quite the winner.

BIS I jumped on the other day at the low, sweated BB's, then it popped nicely today.

All in all I did not get savaged today other than QIHU, but I only have 100 shares.

BIS still looks good on any pops into the moving averages which are now resistance. I'm hanging onto TMF. Big inverse head and shoulders. GDX still isn't a buy IMO, but gold looks good to go. ARR looks exactly like TLT/TMF, inverse head and shoulders. I'm not selling any of it.

Now all of the above will do the exact opposite.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

BIS I jumped on the other day at the low, sweated BB's, then it popped nicely today.

I got out of my BIS a few days ago for a small profit as that thing was (is) all over the place.

Good job gettin' on that one at the right time!

FNMIX is beginning to go back up again; think I'll add way more today.

Anyone else considering it?

FNMIX is beginning to go back up again; think I'll add way more today.

Anyone else considering it?

I never sold it. Just kept buying more. Seems to be doing OK, but something like that shouldn't be too much of the income portfolio.

I sold BIS and WM this AM.

SDRL getting hammered, may double down if it truly approaches $30, marginally in the green still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back