Oil change and beer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time ago back in 05 I had the opportunity to use a garage and have the assistance of a relative help with a basic oil change and simple maintenance. Everything was going well on my sunfire gt as we had managed to clean throttle body, air compress dirt from air intake filter, replace fuel filter, change manual tranny fluid to redline mtl and still managed to drink some beer. Last was nothing special, just a simple oil change or so I thought. I crawled under, loosened the drain plug, pull the pan to catch the oil and proceeded to pull the plug. Very very shortly after the container filled to the rim and without hesitance I grabbed a beer bottle to catch what was gonna overfill. Luckily it worked and I crawled out from the car and sat the oil filled bottle on the work bench. My helper being consumed with beer, laughs, and ACDC on the radio goes to the workbench and accidentally drank from the bottle of the oil without looking. All I remember was a tall white flash running to barf out in the front yard for 30 minutes. I felt bad but I was glad it was redline oil and figured it was safer than dino. He rinsed his mouth with baking soda and water and then stuck wash clothes in his mouth to get all the excess. Its funny now we are older but have since elected me to wrench and him to quench the beers and for us not to mix the tasks

On a practical note my BMW 528i pretty much completely fills my oil catch pan which then makes it hard to handle without spilling. It's actually a repurposed old enamel wash pan but that's beside the point.

So I have a plastic bottle with the top sliced off (leaving a large opening, but the handle still intact) that I use to catch a bunch of oil in the middle of the drain. Problem solved.

Good one, I have one two ...
Drained old dark brake fluid in coke bottle ...

And fresh coke bottle on roof .... So friend of my who put the two bottles side by side had some Dot 3 coke

Last edited:
NOTE TO SELF

Do NOT use ANY form of old drinkable liquid bottle to store contaminated fluids.

SECOND NOTE TO SELF

Do NOT let friends use old drinkable liquid bottle as ashtray.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: chad8
NOTE TO SELF

Do NOT use ANY form of old drinkable liquid bottle to store contaminated fluids.

SECOND NOTE TO SELF

wink.gif

And always give any bev. Container in a vehicles cabin the sniff test before drinking. Co worker was on the road with her hubby in his semi, one morning she took a big ol swig from the wrong coke can...
Ended up with a mouthfull of pee.

Safety videos always tell you to put your drinks in the break room because it is far too easy to down a toxic chemical. This was also emphasized in automotive classes.

But many people forget it on the job. I don't see people obey this rule, but thankfully, I don't seem them down a toxic chemical.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
Originally Posted By: chad8
NOTE TO SELF

SECOND NOTE TO SELF

wink.gif

And always give any bev. Container in a vehicles cabin the sniff test before drinking. Co worker was on the road with her hubby in his semi, one morning she took a big ol swig from the wrong coke can...
Ended up with a mouthfull of pee.

10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back