can i use rotella oil in my kohler powered argo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
after reading all the good things about rotella t oil,i was wondering if it can be used in my argo?the engine is a 31 hp kohler aegis and it calls for 10w30 oil.i found a place that carries 10w30 rottela now I just want to be sure I can use it.i think kohler calls for an oil with a sj rating.

cheers

I use Rotella T5 10w-30 semi synthetic in Kohler Courage 25 hp.
No consumption or problems.
$16 gal. at Wally World.

that's great guys,thanks.wish I could buy it for 16 bux a jug.here in the great white north it cost me 26 bux a jug.

now for winter use this engine calls for 5w30 oil.what type of rotella oil would be equivelant to 5w30?????????

cheers

quote=Dean8

5]Rotella t6 synthetic 5w-40 year round. [/quote]

now that would be better,same oil all year round.do you run it in your atv,s as well? your in mn so you get that nasty cold weather same as me.gotta see if i can find it here in ontario.

thanks

i use 5w40 in both my yamaha grizzly atv and my yamaha R1 motorcycle.

good stuff
wink.gif

Yes, I use t6 in my atv also. Even though it is a 5w synthetic, it would never turn over fast enough to start in sub-zero temps. The atv is stored outside so I never attempt to start it when it is below zero. Those little batteries do not have enough cca to start when that cold. My snowblower is kept in an unheated shed and when it was -25, is was tough to start, as it would be with any oil syn or dino.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back