What Is Your Favorite Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favorite Oils:

* Amsoil 0W-30 Signature Series
* Caterham Blend: TGMO 0W-20 or Mobil 1 0W-20 / Mobil 1 0W-40 (50/50 mix)
* Pennzoil Ultra 5W-20 & 5W-30
* Mobil 1 0W-20, 5W-30, & 0W-40

I am beginning to think I am finally getting past the hype--you know stuff like this:

We took two identical cars, filled one with Castrol EDGE, and the other with Mobil 1 5W-30. Then we ran ‘em at maximum output: at 75 mph, carrying 1600 additional pounds up a 7% incline. Second gear. Pedal to the floor. For five straight days.
When it was over, the engine with Mobil 1 was a smoldering, beaten-down hunk of twisted metal. While the engine with Castrol EDGE roared on. In our extreme test of endurance, Castrol EDGE was stronger for longer than Mobil 1.

[gotta watch those "beaten-down hunks of twisted metal"][kind of sounds like the stuff you get from a company that kills people on rigs in the gulf and tries to avoid responsibility]

and the "what do the Formula One guys use?" and am leaning toward oils that are actually good for what I drive...of course, the sun may rise tomorrow and I will think, "I actually said THAT?"

Last edited:
If I had to pick, it would probably be Schaeffer oil. Like the oil, the company, and my local rep is an awesome down to earth guy.

Originally Posted By: pscholte
1. Sustina 0W-20
2. TGMO 0W-20
3. Mobil 1 of required grade

The elves may do you harm in your sleep.
wink.gif

Today,

Mobil Super Synthetic
Mobil Super HM
Mobil Super 5000
M1
Maxlife

Last edited:
Mobil I since it first became available in US in about 1976. It's been so long I can't exactly remember when I purchased the first quart. Not saying it is better than other products. It would take a very well designed, complicated test procedures to come up with what crankcase oil is best for gasoline engines. I personally don't think that can be done, or will be or needs to be done. Go with what works for you. When I was younger, I used to recommend Mobil I, but then I got to thinking about what I was doing and stopped recommending but only stating what worked for me. You pays your money, and you makes your choice..You can't really go wrong using any of the top tier motor oils of the required weight and designation.

Mobil 1 0w20 AFE.

Will continue to use it as it works well in my vehicle, but would consider TMGO 0w20 in the future, if I can find it near the price (WalMart) of M-1.

Gas engines (calling for newer spec oil)

1. Brad Penn Superior Fuel Efficient
2. Havoline or Chevron Supreme
3. PYB
4. Kendall

Gas engines (SM and older spec)

1. Appropriate Brad Penn or Cenpeco
2. Havoline or Chevron Supreme
3. PYB
4. Kendall
5. Mobile

Diesel

1. Cenpeco