Motul 5W30 810X-Clean / 13' Subaru WRX / 5,429 Mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
7wmcLBP.png

I did an autocross on this with banked corners but otherwise it was all highway and city and normal driving.

This report is ok though I am thinking of switching to T6 Rotella as it is half the cost.

Danny

Originally Posted By: Pablo
What is virgin TAN?

+1

I always wonder whether Blackstone hires teenagers and other know-barely-anything's to sit in a room and interpret these analysis results. Most seem based on a colorful chart they probably have hanging in the call center that states:

TBN >= 1.0 stay the course

TBN >= 2.0 extend out 1-2k miles.

Etc.

Every other parameter? We encourage a strong imagination!

Last edited:
Yes, virgin TAN would have been useful. I know it's not labeled as such but I wonder if there are any esters in X-clean that would affect TAN?

Probably a good idea going with a more robust oil. Is the engine stock? The silicon is great! What air filter?

-Dennis

Originally Posted By: bluesubie
Yes, virgin TAN would have been useful. I know it's not labeled as such but I wonder if there are any esters in X-clean that would affect TAN?

Probably a good idea going with a more robust oil. Is the engine stock? The silicon is great! What air filter?

-Dennis

Yea this oil is "nice" but with this longer oci I think T6 would fare better, and its much cheaper
smile.gif

Engine was stock for most of the OCI just went stage 1 last 500 miles on this oci

OEM Air Filter until 25,488 miles then I put in a MANN Paper Air filter

I had emailed BSL if it would be good to run a TAN they just did it and charged my card without letting me know it would be more $, and now I realize the number listed isn't really helpful since there isnt a comparison with a VOA.

Last edited:
Good point about the ester content, Blue.

Originally Posted By: thescreensavers
Originally Posted By: bluesubie

-Dennis

Yea this oil is "nice" but with this longer oci I think T6 would fare better, and its much cheaper
smile.gif

Engine was stock for most of the OCI just went stage 1 last 500 miles on this oci

OEM Air Filter until 25,488 miles then I put in a MANN Paper Air filter

I had emailed BSL if it would be good to run a TAN they just did it and charged my card without letting me know it would be more $, and now I realize the number listed isn't really helpful since there isnt a comparison with a VOA.

Email them back, quoting your original request for information, and explain that a request does not equal direction, and that you expect the additional charge to be reversed. I can't imagine them saying no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back