Ever use Kies air?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, ive used it. I have an S2 as well. I installed the software on an older computer so it was a hassle to install..but if you have a newer computer you shouldnt have issues.(my computer is almost 14yrs). Getting my phone to be recognized by the software was a complete headache..but assuming it installs right and it recognizes your phone you should be fine.

I must have been lucky. I needed to use this for my girl's phone and I was amazed at how smoothly it went.

Windows 7 PC and Note 2 if it matters.

Originally Posted By: Zeus33
I must have been lucky. I needed to use this for my girl's phone and I was amazed at how smoothly it went.

Windows 7 PC and Note 2 if it matters.
Win7 also.Guess I'll try it later today. Thanks

No. It plainly states it will not do all updates and that a corded connection is required for that. I plug in every time.

I finally got around to updating.I downloaded Kies and tried doing it the corded way and nothing. All it says is that it"s connecting.If i disconnect phone,i can hear a chime letting me know that it"s been disconnected and/or connected.

I ended up hooking up a wireless usb "dongle"? to make my desktop wireless.I was able to transfer pics and vids.So,does it save all this to my comp,or to somewhere else? As soon as i turned off my cell,the page went away.Did i forget to do something to save all this or what?

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
I ended up hooking up a wireless usb "dongle"? to make my desktop wireless.I was able to transfer pics and vids.So,does it save all this to my comp,or to somewhere else? As soon as i turned off my cell,the page went away.Did i forget to do something to save all this or what?

Yes, it will save on the PC. It's been a while since I've used it. IIRC, I had to tell the cell to stay on until the DL was complete. As far as saving your pics and vids, I'm pretty sure it ask which location to store them in. Most programs by default select My Documents. Have you looked for a sub folder on your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back