M1 switching to GTL with immediate effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, Pennzoil have made such an impact with their PurePlus marketing, Mobil felt it necessary to switch to GTL ASAP!

More news can be found here along with the proposed rebranding and name change to "M1 with CleanGas Technology"

M1's GTL response to Pennzoil

Originally Posted By: kschachn
4/1, 4/2. Whatever it takes.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

4/1
I know...I was expecting something a bit funnier than that
15.gif

Yeah, I figured that was an April Fools joke.

Mobil doesn't have a GTL plant of their own, and Shell is keeping GTL base stocks for their own use for now.

Anyway, if BITOG lore is true, Mobile could buy a couple of the cheapo shell OTC oils to get all the GTL that they could desire.

Of course! It's already formulated and certified. They could buy all the PYB and QSGB they could find at $2 or $3 a quart, and mark it up as $7 a quart Mobil Super Synthetic or something, right?
wink.gif

castrol are the real crooks! after getting the synthetic law changed and the BP pollution in the gulf, i buy nothing from them, not to mention john force's big mouth!!!

Originally Posted By: Realtech214
Why can't people be happy with supertech?
21.gif

Some of us want The Best. I'm not convinced that the Warren-sourced Supertech is the best I can do. ... Think of this as racing F1: Isn't being better/faster worth something?

mobil used their own group IV real synthetic oil for their "synthetics" before the castrol $$$$ deal clouding what is really synthetic FOREVER!!

Mobil still uses Group IV base stocks where needed, and, if I remember correctly, is still the world's largest producer of Group IV stocks. Group IV base stocks aren't needed to meet most ACEA specifications, let alone get an ILSAC rating. Given the supply situation, if every oil on the market that were labeled synthetic had over 50% PAO, I doubt that most of us could afford to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back