Good?? Box Wines

Status
Not open for further replies.
My better half likes white wines which are on the sweeter side. She has been looking at these wines that come in a box lately but hates to buy something she will have to throw away.
All that being said, can you recommend a decent wine or give me a hint as to what not to waste my money trying.
Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
Smoky

After the third glass, they generally taste fine.
cheers3.gif

There are different grades of boxed wines - you can get 5L of Franzia for $18, or you can get 3L of Black Box for something over $20.

Either way is less expensive than even a cheap 750mL bottle, but naturally the more expensive boxes taste better.

Are you looking for something that you can enjoy as well? If you don't like sweet wine yourself then maybe try a Pinot Grigio. They're a lighter sweet than Moscato which you won't like if you don't like sweet wine. The only box wine I have tried is the Blck Box and it was pretty good.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: bigt61
Consume the entire box in 30 minutes or less.

Fixed that for you.

Challenge accepted.

Last edited:
Isn't Franzia/boxed wine the "Busch Lite" of wine? Made for the sole purpose of getting tipsy.

Anyway, the wine I like is Merlot, slightly chilled, particularly the Winking Owl brand you find at Aldi food stores. Not bad for $3/750mL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back