Winter scratches and marks

Status
Not open for further replies.
AIO products have very little correction ability.

Can you post a picture of the marks that you are trying to remove?

Thanks.

Depending on how severe the defects are, Meguiar's Ultimate Compound, Scratch-X, or Ultimate Polish may help. Wal-mart should have all of these.

Finish with your favorite wax. If you need wax, Meguiar's and Wal-mart should have something that will work for you. I prefer their Gold Class wax over the NXT Tech Wax. I have not tried their Ultimate Wax.

If the paint is gouged/chipped, you may need a body shop.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
AIO products have very little correction ability.

Can you post a picture of the marks that you are trying to remove?

Thanks.

I will give it a try as I have not had any luck with posting pictures in the past on this site.

Check out the photo's on the attached link...might be a little hard to see as the car is due for a wash (rained and snowed the last couple of days) plus it is a light colored car and it is very sunny out today for a change!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122025883@N05/

If you're doing spot-touch up (i.e. large scratches but just in a few places on the car), something like Meguiar's ScratchX is available at any auto parts store and can be used by hand. It is not intended for use across the entire car. For that, you want something like Meguiar's M105.

For spot treating scratches I like Meguiar's Scratch-X as well. However, you will need to polish over it as it tends to leave a little bit of a haze by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back