Now we're talking machinery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drove a Red V-6 from SF, to Stewart Point, Guserville, Lincoln ()had lunch with Mod XS650 and his wife), Reno, half of one side of Lake Tahoe.

Loved it.

Getting used to such a hippy car while driving on the other side was interesting, but the aussie engineers made a great car.

The new Z/28 is MUCH sicker than that, and will KILL some MUCH MORE (like 3x-4x+ more) costly machinery, even around a road course, yes, DESPITE it's weight/size, and sound GREAT while doing so
thumbsup2.gif
cool.gif
34.gif

The engineers did their job on this one, it even has active aero for when it gets airborne over 'yumps'.
But yes, one does pay for it, considering the generally stated, but quite undeserved 'stigma' of it wearing a Camaro nameplate.

I'd LOVE to see what one can do to the competition shod with some REAL sticky, non-runflat, 'R comp' tires (40 or less treadwear rated).
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
The new Z/28 is MUCH sicker than that, and will KILL some MUCH MORE (like 3x-4x+ more) costly machinery, even around a road course, yes, DESPITE it's weight/size, and sound GREAT while doing so
thumbsup2.gif
cool.gif
34.gif

The engineers did their job on this one, it even has active aero for when it gets airborne over 'yumps'.
But yes, one does pay for it, considering the generally stated, but quite undeserved 'stigma' of it wearing a Camaro nameplate.

I's LOVE to see what one can do to the competition shod with some REAL sticky, non-runflat, 'R comp' tires (40 or less treadwear rated).
crazy2.gif

I agree. Its a 4 seater corvette almost.
The new camaro is definitely a force to be reckoned with on the world stage.
Gone are the days of anemic engines and junk handling.
Hello to crisp handling,head glued to the headrest and no longer being a joke to the rest of the world.
Camaro,mustang,challenger. I defy the rest of the oem's to put up a comparable product equal in price,and performance.
Yes the Europeans may have the edge in refinement however on this continent we prefer torque anyways.
Keep your automatic wipers,I'd rather have the money spent in the drivetrain and suspension.

I was looking at the coolant hose at the end of the video and it looks like it's shaking a little bit.

I don't know if it's the camera shaking, or if it's the engine shaking.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
I loved those cars until I sat in one. I don't like the chopped roof high belt line look.

The high belt line look evolved not so much from styling, as from necessity for side impact with SUVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back