Mobil 1 10W-40 High Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes and you'll find no other oil except Mobil-1 5-30 which causes certain engine engine noises to appear (valvetrain noise), consume oil, and deliver high iron readings at the same time

Originally Posted By: steve20
yes and you'll find no other oil except Mobil-1 5-30 which causes certain engine engine noises to appear (valvetrain noise), consume oil, and deliver high iron readings at the same time

Is that the regular or High Mileage version?

Originally Posted By: GaleHawkins

It's his B.S. fantasy version...

That would be a version other than any I have ever used, dating back to the late 70s.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: AMRoberts
voa_M110W-40HM.jpg

After using it in the 5.3L GM and as assembly oil for the 325cc Polaris engines (having my hands in it) I consider M1 HM as good as it gets has far as a source for motor oil. The third party testing supports it has a top of the line additive pack.

As much as I hate to say it M1 makes a quality product. Everything they make is among the top performing products in the tier and at Walmart prices it's certainly affordable.
I just puked a bit in my mouth.

Haha You're post definitely made me crack up a bit! I've noticed in some of your other posts you don't seem to be really fond of Mobil oil, any particular reason or just because it's so commonly recommended?

I've personally used this High Mileage 10W40 quite extensively, but I wasn't quite expecting this formulation based off the earlier post of the H.M 5W30.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...Vir#Post3311913

Given the 5W30 & 10W30 are rated API SL while the 5W20 & 10W40 are SN rated, the 10W40 formulation almost exclusively uses Calcium compared to the mix of Cal/Mag in the 5W30, over double the Boron, and a TBN of 12.6 vs 8.7. Given the 5W30 is a recent formulation while this VOA was conducted back in 2010, they're some interesting differences none the less.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: InvalidUserID
That's a super high TBN!

It had BETTER be, with that crazy high calcium level!!
crazy2.gif

I wish they made a 0W-20/30 version with these stout add packs!
wink.gif

AMRoberts, thanks for posting this VOA. I figured the TBN to be around 10 when I used this oil last summer/fall/winter in my Jag when I ran it for 10K miles. Now it appears that 10K mi with this oil is doable as a plan. I may use it again this summer.

Last edited:
The newest formulation doesn't have near the zddp level as this older one. I have a UOA here of this oil from a couple years ago.

I currently use Mobil 1 10W40 high mileage in my 1990 Jaguar XJS (32K miles) and it runs smooth as silk. The only reason, I use this is because Jags have been known to leak, LOL, even though mine never has. I would like to try M1 0W40, but I may just stay with this HM oil.

I too was a late bloomer for synthetic use, thought it was ONLY for high-performance cars before., LOL!

Used M1 0W-20 the winter before last, and -20 and lower start-ups were effortless. I really wish the M1 HM oils were sold in Canada...maybe someday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back