super tech filters weak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then cut it up and take post-mortems so we can do a full diagnosis...
cheers.gif

Let me guess was the motor cold when you tried to pull the oil filter off? They always come off easier when they are warm to hot.

Worst oil filter I ever removed was on my brand new at the time dodge ram 1500. That thing must have had super glue installed from the factory. My plier wrench poked a hole in the side. Stripped a cup ratchet wrench and a flat head screw driver thru the side still couldn't budge it. Finally I took the cup wrench fired 4 self tapping screws thru the cup into the bottom of the oil filter. Grabbed a 1/2 ratchet with a 3/8 adapter put it on the cup wrench and bam off it came. I still cant believe what I had to go thru to get that thing off.

Super tech filters are not WEAK,,,the point I am trying to make in my previous note is do-not over tighten,,just snug,,READ the directions on filter,,lube the surface......BL

quote:

Originally posted by lab:

Question. Do you think that I have a fram on my durango from Jiffy Lube.?

Probably a Mighty brand filter. All the quick lube places around here use Mighty filters.

I have used SuperTech filters for the last 6 years, no problems. Pep Boys brand 'Proline' oil filters are also a great deal for the $$$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back