Week for servicing the vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
It started last week with getting the wife’s 2011 Hyundai Elantra servicing (30K-Oil/Filter and transmission fluid changed) and now this week starts off getting the 2008 Honda Civic serviced (85K-Oil/Filter, Transmission and Coolant changed) and tomorrow will be the 2001 Chevy Silverado (110K-Oil/Filter, Transmission and rear end fluids changed).

Interesting how all the vehicles came up for servicing at the same time.

I tend to change the transmission every 30K unless the fluid looks like it’s time. My commute is from 500’ to 4400’RT 81 miles.

Unless it’s filters, I rarely do the servicing myself, I’m sad to say. It’s all the [censored] and small working areas of the vehicles now. I recall my 1st vehicle, 69 Nova. Not a problem to work on. Then I got a 76 Mercury Capri. More of a pain, but still could work on it. Then a 85 S-10 Blazer. That is where I started to greatly limit on what I could do. Then after that, pretty much forget it.

Maybe it's just my growing up with vehicles with tightly-crammed engine bays, but I don't find modern vehicles in general to be too difficult to service. Sure you might need to remove a motor mount or wiper cowl to get at something. The flip side is that the change intervals are longer, so it's less of an everyday occurrence.

I'll be swapping off the snow tires on both vehicles. If the snow ever melts, that is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back