The best built oil filter in your opinion ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you say is the best built oil filter that has zero chance of coming out with bent/wavy/torn pleats at the end of the OCI ? Assuming cost is no factor.

In spin on filters Fram Ultra or NAPA Platinum/Wix XP. Both of those have wire backed media, which should hold the pleats true.

In a cartridge filter, anything from Mann, Mahle or Hengst.

Just go get a Fram Ultra and save yourself all this repeated "research" hassle.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Just go get a Fram Ultra and save yourself all this repeated "research" hassle.

Hey, I'm drumming up stuff for us to talk about. You could call me a conversation machine.
grin2.gif

K&N has a pro series (black can). Probably have to get them off the internet or at a speed shop. They don't put the nut on the end though.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
...bent/wavy/torn pleats....

I can live with bent and wavy pleats, although I will admit I'd rather not see that. As for the torn pleats, that's something Purolator should be able to remedy in a hurry.

I don't think there's any filter out there was a zero chance of having something go wrong. In the end, I'll carry on with Wix, Motorcraft, Hastings, and Bosch (if I can find them again and when the torn pleat issue blows over).

I like the Fram Ultra and Mobil 1 filters. I was on a Purolator Pure One kick for a while but feel their quality has dropped off a bit. JMO

Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
I know Purolator is getting a bad rap, but I still think the P1 is one of the best filters for the money.

I agree but the issues are concerning.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
What would you say is the best built oil filter that has zero chance of coming out with bent/wavy/torn pleats at the end of the OCI ? Assuming cost is no factor.

Fram Ultra I was very impressed with and for the $.

However if you do not want to spend 8$ of a filter NAPA Silver was very impressive when I cut it open.

K&N I do not like.. Only way I would tell someone to get a K&N is if the oil filter is in a very hard place to get to and that built in NUT makes it easy to remove.

so FRAM ULTRA

or NAPA SILVER

Or even MOTORCRAFT

but #1 choice I have to say FRAM ULTRA

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I've moved from purolator to mobil one filters.

Same here. PureOne's to Mobil 1 Extended Performance.

Do you feel the weight difference?? It's amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back