Saw a good looking car @ the mitsubishi dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how the newest FIAT 500L/P Diddy ad keeps mentioning "Mirage,mirage".The 500L is a heck of a lot more of a vehicle than the new 2014 Mirage.

Mitsubishi products are all a mirage.
wink.gif

I think they're cure little cars. My local dealer has them out front in a bunch of different colors and big stickers to proclaim the 44mpg. I have yet to see one on the road though.

Still, I don't think that the Mirage is enough to save Mitsubishi in the US. They need to bow out gracefully.

Originally Posted By: dparm
I think they're cure little cars. My local dealer has them out front in a bunch of different colors and big stickers to proclaim the 44mpg. I have yet to see one on the road though.

Still, I don't think that the Mirage is enough to save Mitsubishi in the US. They need to bow out gracefully.

44MPG is wayyyyyy low in real world. I was averaging between 55 and 65 on a test drive!

They are popping up around here quite frequently!

+1

Funny!!

Originally Posted By: Miller88

44MPG is wayyyyyy low in real world. I was averaging between 55 and 65 on a test drive!

An employee where I work at has one and blew a tire. She couldn't find anyone that had a tire for it in stock and drove on the temporary spare for a few days until the Goodyear store got one in. Don't know what size it is.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv

Funny!!

An employee where I work at has one and blew a tire. She couldn't find anyone that had a tire for it in stock and drove on the temporary spare for a few days until the Goodyear store got one in. Don't know what size it is.

165/65/14

I actually looked @ them today; as mentioned only a few mistu dealers left; the one I went to in New London CT had quite a row, including an obnoxious "Kiwi Green"

These are built completely in Thailand, engine, transmission and F.A.

For 12-13K base model, I think it is a viable candidate for replacement of my !echo!.

55mpg? How many miles was this over?

I can average 31 mpg in my Vue over a full tank of gas, but that is 95% highway driving and almost zero bumper to bumper type traffic or idling.

I have driven Mitsubishi cars or suvs since 1997 until my recent purchase of my GTI I have owned the following:

97 Eclipse Turbo
99 Monteto Sport 4x4
00 Mirage
02 Monteto Limited
03 Evo
06 Evo
06 Evo MR
12 EVO X GSR

All these cars were excellent durable, reliable and fun to drive. The Evo's were tracked almost every weekend except for the X of which just wasn't for me and sold it for the GTI.

The full size Monteto limited with All Terrain tires was able to pull out most stuck vehicles including trucks and suvs out of the snow in Big Bear. Great SUV and very capable off roader.

Mitsubishi has lost its luster due to lawsuits and poor marketing with little inventory or selection.

What a shame.

Jeff

Quote:

Most car magazines expect everything to have 3 second 0-60 and the interior of a Lexus.

Right, it is easy to be critical when one does not have to buy or maintain for 10+ years a vehicle; I suspect the "real" reviews would be a lot different if that type of requirement were put upon them.

Hello, You said, "... it is easy to be critical when one does not have to buy or maintain for 10+ years a vehicle; I suspect the "real" reviews would be a lot different..."

I couldn't agree more. The detachment which car magazines have always exhibited is quite off-putting. They're unreal.

I biggest automotive regret was failing to consider a Galant wagon in 1995 when I bought my first-and-only new car. Mitsubishi was well off my radar at the time. Kira

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
The new Mirage that Car and Driver stopped short of calling a waste of effort?

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2014...2814_mitsubishi

It is just another nail in the coffin, for the US market for Mitsubishi.

Most car magazines expect everything to have 3 second 0-60 and the interior of a Lexus.

US consumers have high expectations, yes. Go look at a new Fiesta, for example -- lots of standard equipment, good build quality, nice driving dynamics.

Mitsubishi's are solid cars. They just don't have a wide range of vehicles here in the USA.

At one time Mits could have been, now that time has come and went.

If Mits is still in the USA in 5yrs I will be surprised.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back