1999 Infiniti G20t oil suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought an Infiniti G20t with 192k miles. I am about to do an oil change and was wondering which oil I should get. I do not know the service history on the car as well.

My driving is mainly going to and from work and school. I try to avoid stop and go traffic as much as possible. Roughly in a month I would put about 700 to 800 miles depending on what is going on. For my oil I want something that is 1. Reasonably priced 2.helps get good fuel economy. I used Castrol GTX high mileage before on my previous car and was fine but wonder what other recommendations you guys would have.

Last edited:
Welcome. That car is powered by the venerable SR20DE. It's not too picky -- I would use whichever 5w30 is on sale. There are many good high-mileage 5w30s available these days.

Originally Posted By: 285south
By many, dparm means only two; Mobil 1 and MaxLife.

I would go with Mobil1

There is also Castrol GTX High Mileage 5w30, Pennzoil High Mileage Vehicle 5w30, Quaker State Defy 5w30, Super Tech High MIleage 5w30, and Valvoline NextGen MaxLife 5w30.

I would go with Mobil1

I think that dparm meant many.
The OP could select from the two oils you've named, but there're are also HM oils with Pennzoil, Quaker State, Castrol and Mobil labels just for example, and there are others as well.
I'd use Maxlife myself.
M1 HM is a little spendy for the OP's application.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

I would go with Mobil1

I think that dparm meant many.
The OP could select from the two oils you've named, but there're are also HM oils with Pennzoil, Quaker State, Castrol and Mobil labels just for example, and there are others as well.
I'd use Maxlife myself.
M1 HM is a little spendy for the OP's application.

I saw how much M1 was even at Walmart and went with GTX HM for now with a Bosch filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back