oil for mitsubishi pajero 2011 3.2 diesel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not at all complicated. Just pick a 5w30 that meets one of the manufacturers specs you listed in your first post. I suggested Castrol Edge 5w30 A3/B4.

The manufacturer has not allowed an ACEA C spec oil. But if you must use one, go for a 5w30 C3. C1 would be the last thing I would use.

Originally Posted By: supercity
This is not at all complicated. Just pick a 5w30 that meets one of the manufacturers specs you listed in your first post. I suggested Castrol Edge 5w30 A3/B4.

The manufacturer has not allowed an ACEA C spec oil. But if you must use one, go for a 5w30 C3. C1 would be the last thing I would use.

Why would you specifically avoid C1?

I use it in the Jag and it seems to be basically A5/B5 but with really low Saps.

The OP lists A5/B5 amoungst his allowable oil specs. So in theory it could be a good fit.

C1 is very expensive though. So that is one reason to avoid it!

n0mad - I've been running the Delvac 1 LE 5W30 in my 09 BMW X5 35d for about 25K miles. it hasn't destroyed the engine, and I don't think a 5W40 will do that either.
The only real concern is the catalyst (SCR) and DPF. The aforementioned oil has "C" levels of Zn/P and slightly more ash (1.0% vs 0.6-0.8%).

Charlie

One of the reasons i was happy to use Mobil Super 3000 X1 FE 5w30 was that fact the saps were well under 1.0, i think the figure was more like 0.8

So far so good as it has been in the Pathfinder for several thousand miles now.

The Pathfinder is due its annual roadworthyness check soon (Mot) so will change it out then.

I do have a source for a Delvac oil.

But you have to buy a minimum of 20 litres and they are a 200 mile round trip away.

Might have a look into what 5w30 products they do. Previously i was looking for 5w40 for the Taxi is used to own.

Originally Posted By: n0mad

shannow, with all due respect, you are linking me to 5w40, and i need 5w30, thats what manufacture required, 5w40 could destroy my engine.(from what i have learned)
maybe in Australia the climate is different, otherwise, i have no idea why use 5w40 on 5w30 engine.

btw i need low HTHS, because anything with higher than 3.5 HTHS, is more of "heavy" oil, and could not lubricate my engine properly.(again, from what i have been told)

Lmao, 5w40 won't hurt pretty much any 4 stroke engine. What some manufactures call 5w30 is as thick at 100c as most 5w40, its all an illusion. And what the manufacture says to use can have its own agenda, such as fuel economy targets.

)

so my option kinda limited.

we have castrol, valvoline, champion, liquid moly, Reinhol, and other oil's, but not wide selection to choose.

my request is this:
you guys tell me, 2 3 options, from those brands, and that will be it.
i'm feeling a bit ridiculous, after all the time and effort i spent, on oil.
i wish it would have been easy, but, well, its complex.

Greetings from Serbia.
You'll be fine with Liqui Moly TopTec 4200 http://www.liqui-moly.com/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/id/en_3706.html?OpenDocument&land=GB

also could be great TopTec 4600 http://www.liqui-moly.com/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/id/en_3755.html?OpenDocument&land=GB

and TopTec 4300 (ACEA C2, on thinner side)
http://www.liqui-moly.com/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/id/en_3740.html?OpenDocument&land=GB

If summer temperature are higher than about 35 C, ACEA C3 5W-40 could be also very good alternative (of course than there is no fuel economy)
http://www.liqui-moly.com/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/id/en_3700.html?OpenDocument&land=GB

All these oils liqui moly recomends for your Pajero. No mistake with any of them, cause all of them are Mid-Low SAPS oils that your DPF needs for longer functionality.

Good luck.

Last edited:
warm greeting from israel DS9!
smile.gif

thank you very much, and to you: bigjl(3x), supercity, m37charlie, Fraser434.

ds9, i'm having a problem choosing LM, it's indeed low saps, but its also certified as CF not CF4.(which is better.)

and when i found promising oil, it's always A4B5 but is CF, am i mistaking by thinking it's not appropriate?

that's my problem, it's either 1 or 2, never seen b3\b4\b5 cf4 c2\c3.

i'm starting to doubt that such oil exist, and my ignorance is what dragging this thread to much.

[censored] it, to understand the field of oil, is something very hard to master, sea of information, that will take me years to comprehend.

well the [censored] with it, soon, il guy and buy 2 gallons of magnatec 5w30 and that's it!
or edge 5w30.
smile.gif

and when i found promising oil, it's always A4B5 but is CF, am i mistaking by thinking it's not appropriate?

that's my problem, it's either 1 or 2, never seen b3\b4\b5 cf4 c2\c3.

Read here and you'll see why.

Tried to explain that CF/CF-4 are obsolete oils, and not even licenced against anymore on Page 1...

So Nomad, dont bother with other thinks - find 5W-30 or 5W-40 that is ACEA C3 certified, change oil and filter in 10,000-15000 km, and that`s it.
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back