There is some disposable income in Southlake,TX!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Doog
"yankee" LOL I have to laugh when people get upset when "yankees" move in.....

Dude..you live in Ohio. Plenty far North to be classified a yankee from a native Texan's perspective! LOL back to you!
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: andrewg
Why do so many of the threads on here degrade into a class-warfare mentality? Why all the thinly veiled anger toward those that have done well? No man should disparage another simply because he's achieved more than himself. What's wrong with being wealthy? The thing with teachers/fireman/police not being able to afford homes where they work.... I didn't know that was somehow unfair and 'irrational' or 'ridiculous'. This whole attitude is why we have idiots thinking that working a drive-thru at a fast food joint merits $15 an hour.
Absurd.

Fact is that many of these people you speak of provide services that well off people tend to like as well. So don't complain when you can't get that fast food, or even that nice meal at a decent bistro, or get your cloths dry cleaned, or heaven forbid you need a fire fighters or police to respond to an emergency....it might take them 30 minutes or more to respond because they can't live close enough to your upscale location.
whistle.gif

My suggestion is let the well off pay for their own private responders. I'm sure you'd be OK with that, right?

I have nothing about folks that are wealthy, but I also think that you need to pay for the exclusivity with your own money.

So...in your mind if you've done well financially through your own hard work....you don't deserve to have the same first responders in case of emergencies? That's wacked.
The wealthy pay plenty of taxes and provide plenty of jobs...they are also due the same rights as any American, yet YOU want to punish them for being a producer?
You know....between your comments on the Malaysian Airline tragedy and the hatred you display for folks that have done well in this country....I'm beginning to think you've really got some issues. You don't trust anybody....and you despise the wealthy. How's that working for you?

You know....between your comments on the Malaysian Airline tragedy and the hatred you display for folks that have done well in this country....I'm beginning to think you've really got some issues. You don't trust anybody....and you despise the wealthy. How's that working for you?

Experience is a very good teacher, and in my 30 plus years as an adult I can honestly say that very few people deserve that trust you speak of. Of course others may have had different experiences but I say most would tend to agree with me overall.

The level of integrity,and ethics in this country has sunk to all times lows. Look around you, if you don't see it, you are in denial. That also reaches those in positions of power and
privilege and their behavior affects many more lives than those of the average income earner.

I said earlier, I don't have anything against those who are wealthy, but at the same time, many of those folks benefit from those less fortunate working in low paying jobs, with little or no ability to do better, because frankly they don't have the connections the well to do have.

Luke 12:48 from the Holy Bible is very relevant:

"To those who much have been given
(such as connections, opportunity, ect) much will be required."

I agree that those working in less skilled jobs should get less compensation, but because the wealthy get a huge benefit from this they should be required to pay some of that back to the community.

If you want fire and police responders to be able to quickly respond to emergencies in your exclusive community you should be willing to make arrangement for those folks to provide it quickly.

Considering the life risking job they have you should be willing to pay them more.

Oh, and yes, the Military Industrial Complex is a criminal
syndicate. I'm supported by folks like Dwight Eisenhower and John Kennedy too.

Last edited:

Experience is a very good teacher, and in my 30 plus years as an adult I can honestly say that very few people deserve that trust you speak of. Of course others may have had different experiences but I say most would tend to agree with me overall.

The level of integrity,and ethics in this country has sunk to all times lows. Look around you, if you don't see it, you are in denial. That also reaches those in positions of power and
privilege and their behavior affects many more lives than those of the average income earner.

I said earlier, I don't have anything against those who are wealthy, but at the same time, many of those folks benefit from those less fortunate working in low paying jobs, with little or no ability to do better, because frankly they don't have the connections the well to do have.

Luke 12:48 from the Holy Bible is very relevant:

"To those who much have been given
(such as connections, opportunity, ect) much will be required."

I agree that those working in less skilled jobs should get less compensation, but because the wealthy get a huge benefit from this they should be required to pay some of that back to the community.

If you want fire and police responders to be able to quickly respond to emergencies in your exclusive community you should be willing to make arrangement for those folks to provide it quickly.

Considering the life risking job they have you should be willing to pay them more.

Oh, and yes, the Military Industrial Complex is a criminal
syndicate. I'm supported by folks like Dwight Eisenhower and John Kennedy too.

I could go on and on and reply point by point to much of what you've said. I won't say that some of it has some factual truth to it. However, you exaggerate greatly on most of what you post. This is evident, in my opinion, in many of your posts. That's fine as you are certainly welcome to express yourself as you wish. I understand the type of person you are, as my own father is very much like you. He's a very unhappy man in his old age. He's also alienated himself from nearly everyone from being the same way that you are. He'll die alone I suspect...as I know I've had my fill of him.
Good luck with all that conspiracy, distrust, and suspicion in your everyday life.
Oh...and you might want to check on Eisenhower and Kennedy of whom you have chosen as icons of the warnings against the military complex (something that both of them utilized as they needed).

Your father likely has experiences and knowledge that you do not. Eventually you will realize that your opinion alone is not all that matters.

I'm glad that life has been kind to you, but don't be so quick to discount others harsh experiences that don't match your own.

Your father likely has experiences and knowledge that you do not. Eventually you will realize that your opinion alone is not all that matters.

I'm glad that life has been kind to you, but don't be so quick to discount others harsh experiences that don't match your own.

Life has been kind to me? Not any more or less than others. At 51 years old and more than one marriage under my belt....various job paths....the Army....personal injuries....and too many other good/bad experiences to list....I think I have a very good idea about reality and perception however.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Originally Posted By: Doog
"yankee" LOL I have to laugh when people get upset when "yankees" move in.....

Dude..you live in Ohio. Plenty far North to be classified a yankee from a native Texan's perspective! LOL back to you!
lol.gif

You do remember that you lost that war, right? LOL

Given the growth I have seen here since emigrating in 1976 I would say that very few are native Texans. My kids are two of the very few native Texans I know. I have taught them from birth that we have responsibility to work for what we want and that stupidity is a constant, irresistible force, not matter what your origin.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
I have taught them from birth that we have responsibility to work for what we want and that stupidity is a constant, irresistible force, not matter what your origin.

Soon enough, hopefully, they'll learn that the perception of stupidity in others indicates more about the quality of character of those perceiving it than anything else.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Given the growth I have seen here since emigrating in 1976 I would say that very few are native Texans. My kids are two of the very few native Texans I know. I have taught them from birth that we have responsibility to work for what we want and that stupidity is a constant, irresistible force, not matter what your origin.

Unfortunately what you taught them is rare among most parents today.

Like many people that are taught by their parents to take the high road which means having integrity, ethics, and morals their life is going to be frustrating as they deal with most other people that have been taught the exact opposite, by reason of neglect, or otherwise.

^I'm afraid you may be correct. But, what I have explained to my kids is that when you look in the mirror you see only yourself. If you have ethics and feel that what you do has lasting effects you have to think a few steps beyond your own decisions. Regardless of your religion or belief in afterlife, your mark on the planet is determined by your response to those "forks in the road" that life presents to you. My daughter, 21, has already made a few decisions that have validated my approach to parenting. My son is 13. We'll see how that goes.

Aside from our own actions, what we teach our children can be a big influence on the future. when we sink to the level of society and decide to teach our kids how to take advantage of the "system" we do ourselves, them, and the human race a disservice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back