2013 Accord K24W1 DI - TGMO 0W20 SN - 8400 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got another UOA done at Blackstone, MoS2 added as you can see by the moly level. I don't know if that helped the AL wear, or the motor is finally done with the break-in metals, but I still used the additive when I changed the oil last week.

2013Accord_K24W1_2.jpg

If your fuel is at 1.5% , TBN 1.9 and flashpoint is low, why would Blackstone tell you to stretch it to 10k? Seems you found a good stopping point at 8k.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: typ901
If your fuel is at 1.5% , TBN 1.9 and flashpoint is low, why would Blackstone tell you to stretch it to 10k? Seems you found a good stopping point at 8k.

Maybe because despite those markers, wear is still low?

Flashpoint is low but not extremely low and 1.9 TBN is not that low by Blackstone's system. They use an older method and TBN usually under rate it. Also TBN retention plays a part here. You might drop down in the 2's and high 1's faster but then drop more slowly.

I would wager at 10k miles TBN would still be above 1.0 on blackstones system.

Do you guys think the fuel found is the result of a long term cause or due to the fact that I idle the car a bit while setting my rhino ramps, and then drive onto them?

No, a minute or so setting your ramps wouldn't produce any measurable fuel dilution.
Fuel dilution is a little high probably because this is a DI engine.
It isn't really high, though and is much lower than what we see here with DI engines of some other makes.
This is a very nice looking UOA.
It makes me understand that avoiding a '13 and buying a '12 because of my fear of DI may have been uninformed.
There have been some other good UOAs posted from DI Honda fours.

Hounds, I saw that UOA, and it makes me wonder if I should continue with TGMO after I deplete my current stash. M1 0W20 EP next?

Last edited:
Leonardo, whatever I might say WRT TGMO would almost certainly provoke a food-fight. Suffice it to say I've had stellar results using M1 (and PP) in many Honda engines over the course of several decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back