How to post UOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my UOA in for the Accord, someone gave me a link last time that blocks out my personal info so I can post the actual analysis. Anybody know what I am talking about? I will post it tonight if I can figure out how.

What file format is the report? If it's an image, open the report in Windows Paint and use that to redact your personal information.

If the file is a PDF, open it in Adobe Reader and resave it as a JPG or other image that Paint will read.

If blackstone, log into your account online, go to "find a unit" and then check the box that says "export without personal information".

Open your PDF file on your computer. Click the camera icon on the Adobe toolbar (snapshot tool) - enclose the info you want to save. Open Microsoft Paint and hit Ctrl+V or right click and select paste - your snapshot image will appear in Paint. Edit out your personal info with a paint brush - I would use white - less messy. Then, from the File drop down option (top far left of Paint) save the image as a jpeg file to the folder of your choice. Remember where you saved it - go to that folder and upload it to a free image service - I use ImageShack. They will give you a forum code or just a direct link (url) to the image you just uploaded. Use the BITOG Reply Button - not the Quick Reply button - and the 4th icon from the left is what you click to insert an image. Paste the url there after selecting left floating image. Click the Preview Post button at the bottom to make sure it looks OK - then either make changes or hit Submit. Sorry if this is too newbiefied.

I edited a little (hope you do not mind BigT) but this should be reviewed for correctness and then made into a sticky!

Originally Posted By: bigt61

1. Open the PDF file on your computer, tablet, etc.
2. Click the camera icon on the Adobe toolbar (snapshot tool) - enclose the info you want to save.
3. Open Microsoft Paint (or photo/imaging tool of choice)
4. Press Ctrl+V on the keyboard (to paste it) OR right click and select paste.
5. Edit out your personal info with a paint brush - I would use white - less messy.
6. Perform a "File Save As" from the File drop down option (top far left of Paint) save the image as a jpeg file to the folder of your choice and remember where you saved it.
7. Navigate to that folder and upload it to a free image service (i.e. ImageShack, PhotoBucket, etc.).
8. Copy the forum code or direct link (url) to the image you just uploaded.
9. Use the BITOG Reply Button - not the Quick Reply button - and the 4th icon from the left is what you click to insert an image.
10. Paste the url there after selecting left floating image.
11. Click the Preview Post button at the bottom to make sure it looks OK - then either make changes or hit Submit.

2010_FX4 said:
I edited a little (hope you do not mind BigT) but this should be reviewed for correctness and then made into a sticky!

NP - more pictures is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back