Fram branded champ ecore....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well technically Champ made now falls under the Fram banner, all under Rank.

The newish Champ made Fram TLE oil filter was swapped for the orange can Wally TLE filters not too long after Rank acquired Fram.

These would the same as Firestone quick lube filters, the former short time MicroGard oil filters and now the retail Defense line of filters recently discussed in this thread.

Rank just switching production of some former orange can jobber/quick lube filters to Champ made, making many ecore applications but not all. And they may be the same as STP, if not identical, very close.

I run STP e-cores all the time. I like them. This Fram Core looks good too. Check out the beautiful, tight pleat spacing.
grin.gif

Last edited:
I was at walts world yesterday . You can pick any filter for filter cost-$2.07 extra or if they use your filter , they take $2.07 off.
The manager tells me that they pay $2.07 for the fram core or current filter they are using.
Ours is using the core. They used to use super-tech .

Quote:
....Ours is using the core. They used to use super-tech .

I thought all Wally TLE's used to use the jobber line orange can as SOP. In any case, Wally TLE Fram Core line now is the former Super Tech filter line but with a textured coating for the service bay guys.

And for those with non GM applications and >3" diameter filters will, with a few exceptions, not only get an ecore but a nice nitrile combo valve thrown in for good measure. What more could one ask.
56.gif

I'm running an ACDelco branded e-core right now and I'm not losing sleep over it. I'd take a traditional orange can over the Fram Core but a Fram Core doesn't send chills down my spine either. We tend to over-think these things here.

Last edited:
Some of those are even showing up on the shelf at my local Walmart.

No box, just a sticker on the can, for sale.

In all seriousness, nothing wrong with FRAM or ecore. It's just a disposable oil filter.

I wouldn't put one on a Ferrari, but they work fine for a lot of cars.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Some of those are even showing up on the shelf at my local Walmart.
No box, just a sticker on the can, for sale.

I've seen this a couple of times at my local WM. When I point it out to the people at the counter, they always blame the night shift stockers for not knowing which filters go into the shop and which ones go to the shelf. They are ALWAYS quickly pulled from the shelf. The other day I saw a TLE Core filter that was orange. It was a 10060. I guess they are trying to make them look more like Frams.

Originally Posted By: cheesepuffs
I'm running an ACDelco branded e-core right now and I'm not losing sleep over it. I'd take a traditional orange can over the Fram Core but a Fram Core doesn't send chills down my spine either. We tend to over-think these things here.

I agree..and way more important things in life to worry about....I'd run them..:)

Quote:

You can have them. I and some other members including the OP's of the linked threads didn't over think their posted results. Fairly certain now though they will think more than twice before using an ecore again. And ironic to me that some of the most zealous critics of the Puro tears promote a filter susceptible (as link pics prove) to sending media through the engine, when a small media tear in a metal center tube filter does no such thing.

And then there's the cost saving nitrile/rubber combo valve that controls the important bypass function. Compare that to the majority of filters (even lowest tier and made in China filters) using traditional separate metal spring bypass. Based on those features perhaps some don't think enough before criticizing one filter while using a more suspect one. And afaik, the topic'd Fram Core is not a retail item but strictly a WM TLE filter.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1813460/1
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1872312
2010_03_06_OF%20024%20%28Large%29.jpg

I am surprised there are about a dozen replies and no one has come up with a BITOG acronym for the FramCore yet. FC? BlackCanOfDeath BCOD?
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back