There is some disposable income in Southlake,TX!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday afternoon I was driving through Southlake, TX (NW of DFW airport). In less than 2 miles I saw 3 Bentley's, 1 Lotus Exige, 1 Mclaren 650 Spider, and apparently the go to grocery getter is a Porsche Panamera!

That's a lot of money in a small area! It's good to see as generally that CAN mean an improving economy.
At the very least you get neat cars to look at. Not too far from where I live is an outlet mall. I always see a Bentley plus a few other very high end cars there. It always surprises me.

Yeah in any decent area you see nice cars. Around here Tesla Model S's are quite popular, I was just parked next to one at lunch.

You probably saw cars from the TX2K14 event; it's a yearly event where the baddest/fastest street cars come to Texas and street race, people party etc.

Google "tx2k14"

Here are some of the festivities.
shocked2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: InhalingBullets
Yesterday afternoon I was driving through Southlake, TX (NW of DFW airport). In less than 2 miles I saw 3 Bentley's, 1 Lotus Exige, 1 Mclaren 650 Spider, and apparently the go to grocery getter is a Porsche Panamera!

Southlake is one of the wealthiest towns in Texas (median household income just under $200k/yr). It is especially popular with current and former professional athletes.

It's good to know that the drug dealers are getting better cars now, and this would be a thing of the past.

24o3c6s.jpg

I wonder, what oils and weight do drug dealers use?

Originally Posted By: Darwin1138
It's good to know that the drug dealers are getting better cars now, and this would be a thing of the past.

24o3c6s.jpg

I wonder, what oils and weight do drug dealers use?

Good show that was.

Originally Posted By: danthaman1980

Southlake is one of the wealthiest towns in Texas (median household income just under $200k/yr). It is especially popular with current and former professional athletes.

Dont forget the TV/Radio blowhards ( Glen Beck lives in southlake). Every time we visit my brother, dad keeps looking for Mr.Beck when we shop @ the southlake Sprouts.

My brother lives a few miles south of there @ the northern edge of NRichland Hills. That area never really saw tje economic effects the rest of the country did.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
Originally Posted By: danthaman1980

Dont forget the TV/Radio blowhards ( Glen Beck lives in southlake). Every time we visit my brother, dad keeps looking for Mr.Beck when we shop @ the southlake Sprouts.

My brother lives a few miles south of there @ the northern edge of NRichland Hills. That area never really saw tje economic effects the rest of the country did.

Funny that area around Sprouts was where the festivities started...

[Southlake is one of the wealthiest towns in Texas (median household income just under $200k/yr). It is especially popular with current and former professional athletes. [/quote]

My brother lives a few miles south of there @ the northern edge of NRichland Hills. That area never really saw tje economic effects the rest of the country did. [/quote]

I live a few miles west of Southlake and I agree that we did not get hit as hard in the economic downturn as much of the rest of the country. One other thing of note is a $500K house in D/FW is a multi-million dollar house in many other states. I have a friend that lives in a gated community in Southlake in a 9000 sq ft behemoth of a house that is only $750k. The home across the street went up for sale and the only people that looked at it played for the Mavericks and Rangers.

Last edited:
^Yes, that's why most of the state is going downhill very quickly.

Mark my words. Texas is the next Detroit, except, it will take a lot less than a hundred years.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster

Mark my words. Texas is the next Detroit, except, it will take a lot less than a hundred years.

The only thing that is improving is the economic situation of the top 1% or so, the rest of the population is either just barely treading water or sinking fast with the number of those falling into poverty increasing rapidly.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

The only thing that is improving is the economic situation of the top 1% or so, the rest of the population is either just barely treading water or sinking fast with the number of those falling into poverty increasing rapidly.

While the economy is certainly not where it was in '08, I think you are exaggerating things. I'm doing better....most of the people I know are doing better. No, I won't be driving a Bentley, but I am a working class individual that has seen an improvement economically on the plus side.

[Southlake is one of the wealthiest towns in Texas (median household income just under $200k/yr). It is especially popular with current and former professional athletes.

Originally Posted By: earlyre

My brother lives a few miles south of there @ the northern edge of NRichland Hills. That area never really saw the economic effects the rest of the country did.

I live a few miles west of Southlake and I agree that we did not get hit as hard in the economic downturn as much of the rest of the country. One other thing of note is a $500K house in D/FW is a multi-million dollar house in many other states. I have a friend that lives in a gated community in Southlake in a 9000 sq ft behemoth of a house that is only $750k. The home across the street went up for sale and the only people that looked at it played for the Mavericks and Rangers. [/quote]

when my brother first moved into his house, (spring '97) a lot of what is now southlake, was just getting started.
I can't believe how much sprawl has happened since then.

on a semi related note, on my way into town last year, I was driving Southlake Blvd, from Grapevine, to Davis, and was alongside for a while to this awesome old Mopar, i think it was a Coronet R/T, Blue, with white top, been wondering ever since if it wasn't possibly 440Magnum ( i was at the tail end of an 1100mi 23 hr drive to my brother's house, trying not to pee my pants before i got there, some details are a little foggy.

What I am saying is that today's boom towns are tomorrow's bust towns. Any locale that tries, artificially, to make itself more attractive than others will eventually suffer the pitfalls associated with that approach. Anyone else here has lived in the DFW area since the 70's, or even the 80's knows what I am talking about.

What I am saying is that today's boom towns are tomorrow's bust towns. Any locale that tries, artificially, to make itself more attractive than others will eventually suffer the pitfalls associated with that approach. Anyone else here has lived in the DFW area since the 70's, or even the 80's knows what I am talking about.

I'm not grasping what you mean by this sentence.... "Any locale that tries, artificially, to make itself more attractive than others will eventually suffer the pitfalls associated with that approach."

Well their is a reason a house of that size in the right section of Fairfield county would be well over $10M++

Even in my city $750k will barely get you on the water.

Last edited:
You guys should see the student parking lot at Southlake Carroll High School! It is utterly ridiculous the cars many of the kids are driving to school, meanwhile the teachers lot looks like the parking lot at walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back