New Mobil 1 Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do that when I can just run a slightly larger oil filter for $2?
smile.gif
I dont have any problems with oil filters stopping up.

Better filtration. I've been a big SuperTech fan (still am) but I just bought an M1 to see if filtration is better. I am quite impressed at how strong the casing of the M1 filter is compared to the ST! Granted, it's $8 more...

I just changed out a M1 filter as I was getting a little start up rattle.I now have a Bosch on my engine and all is well,maybe it filtered too well and caused a little starvation????

Will this mean that Mobil is looking to gain " market share " by being the first to offer larger filters for cars as a direct replacement for OEM sized filters for those of us sneaking on the oversized filters ?
Let the oversized filter wars begin ! Maybe with the larger sizes will we finally see car sized spin on full flow + bypass in one ?
For a reasonable price Ha Ha
Anything that gives us all more options is a good thing. I would like to get one just to disect it
Jim

quote:

Originally posted by Big John:
I just changed out a M1 filter as I was getting a little start up rattle.I now have a Bosch on my engine and all is well,maybe it filtered too well and caused a little starvation????

Bosch filters sold in the U.S. and Mobil 1 filters were made when last I looked in the same factory, Champion Labs, in Illinois.

http://www.ntpog.org/reviews/filters/old_filters.shtml

If it filtered too well, the bypass valve would open.

quote:

Originally posted by Dominic:
Why do that when I can just run a slightly larger oil filter for $2?
smile.gif
I dont have any problems with oil filters stopping up.

Sometimes you can't run a larger filter. On many cars one isn't easily available or doesn't fit. Plus, just like the current M1 filter it will probably have other benefits over a $2 filter.

quote:

Not likely, the filter element would have to be pluggged and the bypass would have to have failed.

quote:

Originally posted by Ugly3:

quote:

Not likely, the filter element would have to be pluggged and the bypass would have to have failed.

Can the ADBV fail and you get a dry start?
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back