100% Synthetic/Double Ester Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ron in sc
What does 100% Synthetic/Double Ester Technology mean in layman's terms?

Probably means it has two different kinds of esters in it.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: ron in sc
What does 100% Synthetic/Double Ester Technology mean in layman's terms?

The marketing team picked our buzz words.

The oil is Motul 25W50 300V Compotition racing.

You just can't beat the 300v's banana smell and the 7100 strawberry smell hi-hi-hi
laugh.gif

I guess double ester core means they use two different types of Ester. There's some good reading on Ester here>> http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1252272

Originally Posted By: Motul FAQ
Our 300V Motorsport range of lubricants is specifically formulated for racing applications. They are based around Motul’s unique ESTER Core® technology which combines the best performing synthetic base oils including esters with bespoke dedicated chemical additives.
The result is unrivalled power increase, outstanding lubrication and optimal protection, the best conditions for ultimate victory! These lubricants have been developed for leading Factory Racing Teams Worldwide, but also have exactly the same availability to the general public!

300V Competition Racing is 15W-50 not 25W-50 BTW. http://www.motul.com/system/product_desc....pdf?1290086771
My workmate uses it in his Nissan RB26DETT drift hack, another mate runs the 5W40 in his Honda F20A & I use 5W30 in my Toyota 3SGE VVTi. 300V is brilliant stuff. I don't think I'll ever be able to got back to standard synthetic oil after using it

Have only heard good things about Motul oil.

But extremely difficult to get hold of in the UK.

They do a Motul Specific product for the Jag but the only.place that stocked it was OpieOils and they no longer list it!

The double ester trade name meant Motul 300V contains both di-esters and polyol-ester base oils. It's among Redline, Maxima Ultra, and Fuchs Silkolene Pro that are probably regarded as the best motor oils, especially for high density powerplants and endurance racing.

I'm running 300V Factory Line 4T 10W40 in my Suzuki V-Strom and shifting, clutch feel, and revability are great. Besides handling heat and not shearing because it contains no viscosity index improvers, supposedly ester base oils prevent and even remove any deposit buildups on the rings/ ring land areas and anywhere the oil touches. In its own way it's a solvent and a seal sweller, and seems to run 15° cooler than other oils due to better heat transfer. The esters also have high polarity molecules which cause them to electrostatically attact to metal sufaces, which in turn reduces dry start issues, valvetrain noise and combustion blowby.

Get a used oil analysis on that Competition 15W50 when you're through with your OCI, the 100°C viscosity will likely be unchanged from a VOA, and it will maintain a high flash point if you don't have a serious fuel-diluter. The only drawback is extended OCIs should only happen with UOAs to back it up because the acid neutralizing capacity is somewhat less than most other Group 3 & 4 oils. While 300V may be marketed as a racing oil, it is not a strictly racing oil, it is very well sorted for everyday street use in any engine and can hold up well for 5 - 8k intervals.

Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
that's an old tech sheet..the new formula's are all ester core no more double ester

Didn't look at that, I must tell Motul NZ to update their web site.
New formulation doesn't have as high TBN http://www.motul.com/system/product_desc....pdf?1329125523

I've done nearly 4K km on my 5W30 300V, was aiming for 8K km as I still thought TBN was 11 but its 8. How long you reckon I should go?

Originally Posted By: bigjl

They do a Motul Specific product for the Jag but the only.place that stocked it was OpieOils and they no longer list it!

That's surprising. Motul is a French company and the stuff is blended there.

Aren't there local resellers or speed shops that stock it? That's how I usually get it (sometimes eBay).

Originally Posted By: CentAmDL650
The double ester trade name meant Motul 300V contains both di-esters and polyol-ester base oils. It's among Redline, Maxima Ultra, and Fuchs Silkolene Pro that are probably regarded as the best motor oils, especially for high density powerplants and endurance racing.

I'm running 300V Factory Line 4T 10W40 in my Suzuki V-Strom and shifting, clutch feel, and revability are great. Besides handling heat and not shearing because it contains no viscosity index improvers, supposedly ester base oils prevent and even remove any deposit buildups on the rings/ ring land areas and anywhere the oil touches. In its own way it's a solvent and a seal sweller, and seems to run 15° cooler than other oils due to better heat transfer. The esters also have high polarity molecules which cause them to electrostatically attact to metal sufaces, which in turn reduces dry start issues, valvetrain noise and combustion blowby.

Get a used oil analysis on that Competition 15W50 when you're through with your OCI, the 100°C viscosity will likely be unchanged from a VOA, and it will maintain a high flash point if you don't have a serious fuel-diluter. The only drawback is extended OCIs should only happen with UOAs to back it up because the acid neutralizing capacity is somewhat less than most other Group 3 & 4 oils. While 300V may be marketed as a racing oil, it is not a strictly racing oil, it is very well sorted for everyday street use in any engine and can hold up well for 5 - 8k intervals.

Hmmmm... I'll stick w/ Rotella thanks.

John.

Originally Posted By: Reg# 43897
Hmmmm... I'll stick w/ Rotella thanks.
John.

Even in your motorbike
48.gif

Bit limited with viscountcies aren't you, at least 300V covers everything from 0W15 to 20W60.
I doubt Rotella 5W40 could take the abuse 300V 15W50 could somehow

I'm surprised to hear this given how much rallying (of ALL levels) is going on in Jolly Ol' England, and don't they sponsor the GT class racing Jags, and A-Ms??

Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
competitive edge is where I get mine

European Synthetic Oils is another supplier.

Even some of the local import tuner and Porsche tuner shops have it right on the shelf in various weights (both 300V and even some of the 8100 and other series).

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

I'm surprised to hear this given how much rallying (of ALL levels) is going on in Jolly Ol' England, and don't they sponsor the GT class racing Jags, and A-Ms??

Never had an issue finding it myself, all the motorsports dealers tend to stock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back