Wix Filtration Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI!!!
Dana no longer owns Wix Filters. Dana sold off it's Automotive aftermarket Group To Cypress group. Cypress formed a new company called Affinia Group, and put the AAG under it. Wix USA, as well as ALL it's overseas operations/facilities were included in this transaction.

Note that the DANA Diamond and logo are now missing from all the Wix product packaging.

Just thought Ya'll should know

Is this good or bad?
dunno.gif

Yup, this news was around months ago. I'll still use them exclusively as long as the apparant quality remains the same.

quote:

Originally posted by Pete C.:
Yup, have been for the last 28 years.
gr_eek2.gif

Pete, some on this board are concerned about flow rates on various oil filters. If you could share the flow rates on the filters you make it would really help us understand the realities.

Thanks

Whew! That's 21 years longer than me, Pete!

Unfortunately, I'm in engineering and have worked in the Air/Liquid Test Lab and now on the Product Engineering side......

A Google for "cypress group" and dana will get you a bunch of articles on the buyout.

At least they didn't get assimulated by The Borg

It's a little disconcerting that The Cypress Group is a financial company and doesnt have a track record in the hardware business or much of a market segment focus. It look like they are buying a semi-random collection of companies.

With such a recently aquired diverse mix of companies as Cat Food and Autoparts, it looks like they are more in the buying and selling of companies than having any passion for their products.

That doesn't mean they won't let Wix continue to do a good job, but it raises concerns.

How did so many of us miss this for so long,
30 Nov 2004 acquisition

quote:

Originally posted by Herfnerd:
Whew! That's 21 years longer than me, Pete!

Unfortunately, I'm in engineering and have worked in the Air/Liquid Test Lab and now on the Product Engineering side......

Don't ya just love the way these guys worry about flow rates? call me #2580

quote:

Originally posted by Winston:
I was looking up info about WIX filters and found this thread that has two WIX employees in it. I love the cryptic comment;

quote:

Don't ya just love the way these guys worry about flow rates?

Why don't you guys help us out a bit. Give us some technical insight. Don't just post to defend your company.

First of all I don't post just to defend Wix. As in this original post it was for information.

Second of all ANY filter manufacturer designs their filters to handle a higher flow rate than the vehicle manufacturers oil pump will put out.

Any questions about Wix Filters can be answered at www.wixfilters.com.

At least I'm upfront about who I work for, unlike some of the members.

FYI, Keith Wilson, General Manager of Wix is also a member of this board.

Pete,

Thanks a lot for replying. I also applaud your honesty in stating who you work for. I understand your response;

quote:

ANY filter manufacturer designs their filters to handle a higher flow rate than the vehicle manufacturers oil pump will put out.

Relating to this statement. Does the filter ever get loaded with enough material to affect the pressure drop through the filter media? Say in 5k miles or how about 10k miles with synthetic oil.

I also retract my comment about only posting to defend your company. Most of your posts are to provide information. It was just the one about flow rates that irked me a bit.

Hey Pete C... you guys gotta love this board. Where else can you find a group that will purchase competative products, dissect them, and post the photos, all for free?!
lol.gif

Thanks for your contributions.
smile.gif

I was looking up info about WIX filters and found this thread that has two WIX employees in it. I love the cryptic comment;

quote:

Why don't you guys help us out a bit. Give us some technical insight. Don't just post to defend your company.

quote:

Any questions about Wix Filters can be answered at www.wixfilters.com.

Very true, Chris G., Senior Technical Service Manager at WIX, has always provided prompt, accurate responses to all of my questions. Pete and Herfnerd, I hope WIX doesn't change a thing about their filters, I think they offer the best balance of filtration and flow … engineered/constructed exceptionally well, and are very reasonably priced.

Guile, and Pete C,

Why do you keep pointing me to www.wixfilters.com. BITOG is a forum for discussing oil and stuff. I was asking a forum member a question about filter loading. It was actually a question directly relating to a statement he made in a post.

quote:

So, why should I go to wixfilters.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back