Pocket flashlights from Menards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at my local Menards yesterday and found these inexpensive 1xAA flashlights. Obviously quality is just OK, but you get 4 of them for $5. Light output is quite decent - not far off from the tactical Energizer that cost me $15 for one.

DSC_5366.jpg

DSC_5371.jpg

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
How do these compare in light output to the alloy ones HF gives away?

My local HF never has them in stock, so I can't tell for sure. But if the HF 9-led one is anything like another cheapo 9-led flashlight that I own, then it's not as powerful as these Menards ones. The Menards ones use 1-watt led.

...hmm.
For a buck and a quarter each, you can't go wrong, especially when Menards has one of their 11% off everything MIR deals, or if you have one of their MIR store coupons to use.
I've gotten a few of the HF ones, and they seem to hold up pretty well although light output is limited.

I tend to stock up whenever they have one of their FAR deals. The quality may not be the best, but I am getting them for free since I'm a regular at Menards anyway, and it doesn't hurt to toss them if they stop working. Which they have yet to do.

Lights like these are a hit-and-miss purchase. Some of them will have problems immediately with the contact switch and the more you use them, the more problem you will have with the switch not working consistently or finally not working at all. You quite often get what you pay for.
Still, I will admit to having a few of them and are easily replaceable when you figure how little it actually costs to buy them.

I have 4 FAR 9-LED aluminum flashlights from Pep Boys some years ago, it uses 3 AAA batteries. It's intensity is fairly low, not as bright as Cree LED flashlight, but I'm not complaining since I paid only Tax and 1 stamp.

Looking at Cree LED flashlights on Amazon, there are hundreds of them from as low as $3.xx shipped from Hong Kong to more than $100. It's difficult to pick the right one.

There's always a place for a couple cheapies to have around. Whether its working on the car or for loners on a camping trip. Good find!

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: Warstud
I have one of these and the light it gives off is Amazing.

http://www.amazon.com/UltraFire-Flashlig...ds=ultrafire+7w

I bought one similar to this for $3.50 shipped. Will see how much better compares with the freebee I got from Pep Boys 4-5 years ago.

It's rated at 7W 300LM 5 times the $1.25 from Menards.

Actually....this is what I bought. Special batteries and a charger. But it does take AA's....though not as bright.

Wow, save big money at menards. Like the look of those though 60 lumens seems low.

Might need to pick some up when in Chicago next month.

The mini flashlight I bought can use AA and rechargeable lithium 3.7V 14500 batteries. I'm sure that single AA battery will not lasted long at full brightness, but it has 3 modes: high, normal and strobe. I think the 300LM is achieved with battery 14500, with AA battery it's about 100LM max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back