Maxlife NextGen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant find any!

Anyone know whats going on, Still listed on Valvolines Web Site.

Even Amazon barely has any left.

??

21.gif

I've got several FAR jugs of the 10W-40 in the garage.
It works very well in the old BMW.
This oil is going away pretty quickly as a result of slow sales after the festival of FAR deals dried up, just as happened with G-Oil.
A failed marketing experiment on the part of Ashland.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
I've got several FAR jugs of the 10W-40 in the garage.
It works very well in the old BMW.
This oil is going away pretty quickly as a result of slow sales after the festival of FAR deals dried up, just as happened with G-Oil.
A failed marketing experiment on the part of Ashland.

Too bad, I never even bought any with the FAR.

Just got it when I needed some.

Oh Well, I got a jug left for the Ford Ranger, That will last until next fall.

Hopefully by then there will be some other good affordable "Green" Solution available.

Really miss G-Oil. None around.

I've seen some red tagged at WM...not cheap enough for me to bother. Not that I would make the stash any bigger unless it's free
grin.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: 123Saab
Originally Posted By: Taildragger
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3225777/1

I don't know what your hoarding thread has to do with this thread?

He obviously is saying to look at Autozone...

I should have been clearer.

I looked in all the auto parts stores that are common in my area and online and can't find any.

Obviously it's being removed from the market and I'm curious to know if Valvoline will bring in a replacement "Nextgen".

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
He obviously is saying to look at Autozone...

He obviously is saying that the stuff has been clearanced out at most retailers due to it being an extremely slow seller and will become harder and harder to find until Valvoline finally pulls the plug on it.

Email response I got from Valvoline regarding Nextgen availability:

Eric, thank you for your interest in and use of the Valvoline NextGen Motor Oil product.

The Valvoline NextGen Motor Oil can be located in most major retail auto parts stores. If the stores in your area don’t stock Valvoline NextGen Motor Oil, please ask them to order it in for you, as most have overnight delivery service available. Valvoline is enjoying the success of the NextGen Motor Oil and we have no plan to discontinue the product.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at 800 TEAM VAL or by email at [email protected] further assistance.

Thank you for choosing Valvoline and have a great day.

Mike

Valvoline Product Support

Does anyone remember SOPUS saying that Ultra wouldn't be discontinued?
Ashland is lamenting the failure of Nextgen just as SOPUS is lamenting the failure of the orginal Ultra.
I though that both oils were interesting and had promise and I've used both.
At least Ashland tried a little harder with marketing and product promotions than SOPUS did, although that only increased the cost of their failure.
For the record, I've had nothing but good results with Maxlife Nextgen, just as I have had with Maxlife Dex/Merc ATF.

Not so many years ago, this would have been considered an okay deal.
Today, it's a great one.
Good for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back