my first pair of cowboy boots

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I finally decided to give cowboy boots a try and went shopping over the weekend. She came home with a pair of durangos, I wasn't impressed with the quality, but at least she's happy. I got my self a pair of square toe double h's. So far I'm happy. They need broken in yet, but I'm very impressed with the quality, especially over her durangos. But dang it felt good to finally buy something made in the good ol US of A;)

Last edited:
I like my Ariat boots always wanted to try on the Double-H boots might be in a couple weeks at the midwest horse fair.

I bought some for my wedding. I wore them to AutoZone a few weeks ago and didn't realize that I had left the spurs on until in the store.
grin.gif

Living in the frozen (and snooty) north I've never had cowboy boots. At the risk of sounding dumb, what is the appeal? Something comfortable that can be worn all day, or out in the slush and snow, or just for looks?

Honestly, I got them mainly for looks. I work with guys that wear them outside of work and they talked them up about how comfortable they are once broken in, so that was part of my reason for getting some. I also liked the idea of buying a pair of boots that would last me for years and years, but I admit, most of it was for the look.

That's cool. I am supposed to buy dress shoes for work, so I guess I buy shoes for their looks too. Recently I switched to shoes that I can just pull on, as I determined that I had stopped lacing shoes long ago, once they get broken in; boots that I could just pull on for around the house use might be nice also.

Boots are very comfortable. I never buy shoes or boots that don't feel good while I'm in the store -- never mind that "breaking in" stuff. My goatskin boots I bought at a Western wear store in Denver in '97, and my Justin brand ropers, the lower-heeled model, date to '95 or so. Both are excellent; I've had them both resoled several times. Whenever I think about replacements, I look at modern prices, and the desire goes away.

My problem with boots here is that for 9-10 months of the year they're far too hot to wear. Hot is one thing. Humidity is another. But I love 'em anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back