Valvoline MaxLife. After 500 miles, it is yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good man!

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I've never seen that before, but then again, I've never used Valvoline.

Just checked the oil in my sons Chrysler and it had that subtle Maxlife neon glow to it... was Nextgen bought last year though.

I have some very fresh red bottle Maxlife in my other sons Ranger, which I need to check anyway I'll have to pay attention when I check it.

I just started my first OCI with 5W-30 Dexos Maxlife blend this weekend. Vehicle is a 2005 Chevy Colorado with a 3.5L - 151k miles. Always used Pennz platinum or M1 in the past (owned since new). I will have to pull the dipstick in a few weeks and look for this. You guys have me curious. I did notice the oil looked like it had a bit of a green-ish hue coming out of the bottle.

Last edited:
This is normal for Valvoline oils from experience with over 10 years using it. See here, click me

Originally Posted By: addyguy
There was a post on here, from a while ago, about someone noticing the exact same thing happening to a fill of Conventional Valvoline dino. Weird.

Currently topping off with MaxLife Next Gen (green bottle, semi syn) and when I pour it in the fill hole, it does have a hint of green to it, and the dip stick whip off is yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back