Baby dry/wet vacuum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for something inexpensive that I can walk around with, 2-2.5 gal max, mainly to vacuum cars, and pick up occasional mess after sawing lumber.

This ArmorAll AA255 (made by Cleva) seems highly rated. Anyone have one of these? Any comments or alternative suggestions?

lowes 2.5gal/2.5hp

http://www.lowes.com/pd_215726-20097-9302011_0__?productId=3339728&Ntt=shop+vac&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dshop%2Bvac&facetInfo=

30$

Last edited:
Get a carpet chicken. Its 105lbs,black and has four legs and in the k9 jargon of breed is described as a Doberman. Food on a floor here has a life span measured in nanoseconds. He doesnt need electricity which makes him ecologically friendly.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Get a carpet chicken. Its 105lbs,black and has four legs and in the k9 jargon of breed is described as a Doberman. Food on a floor here has a life span measured in nanoseconds. He doesnt need electricity which makes him ecologically friendly.
what about the ecological damage done by the, ahem, refuse?

Well it has that downside of leaving the backyard a manure minefield, but 4 july is here soon so I can rid myself of it somehow. Keeps the gf employed as she is the pooper scooper and puts it in a compost or something.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I've used a 1hp/1 gal shop vac for years.

I have one and it's sucks, not literally. It will do sawdust okay but really doesn't have the suction to suck much of anything embedded in my vehicles carpet.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I've used a 1hp/1 gal shop vac for years.

I have one and it's sucks, not literally. It will do sawdust okay but really doesn't have the suction to suck much of anything embedded in my vehicles carpet.

Hmmm. Mine is pretty old now (>10 years) and does fine with sand and soil. I've never had an issue fortunately, but I also don't know if they've changed over the years for the worst.

This is sort of what mine looks like, though it isn't called a hang up model.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/111263948722

I have a 1 1/2 gal. Dewalt. Works great, 110v or uses your cordless drill battery if it is the same. I can put a battery in it and run through the whole house in under 10 minutes, and tell my wife I vacuumed the house.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
lowes 2.5gal/2.5hp

http://www.lowes.com/pd_215726-20097-9302011_0__?productId=3339728&Ntt=shop+vac&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dshop%2Bvac&facetInfo=

30$

This is the one I have had for about 5 years and it gets used all the time! It is a little loud but it works great!

I have one of these,
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-FHV1200-Cordless-Ultra-Compact/dp/B002FQJW4W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1395674487&sr=8-3&keywords=Black+%26+decker+cordless+vac

I know its small but just the nuts for sweeping out the cars and no cord to work around with.

Thanks everyone. Ended up ordering the ArmorAll one for now. It appears to have plenty of suction for my needs and good set of attachments for car cleaning.

FYI, I saw a smaller 1.5 gallon version of it (AA155) at Walmart for $30 if anyone's interested.

DSC_5391.jpg

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Thanks everyone. Ended up ordering the ArmorAll one for now. It appears to have plenty of suction for my needs and good set of attachments for car cleaning.

FYI, I saw a smaller 1.5 gallon version of it (AA155) at Walmart for $30 if anyone's interested.

DSC_5391.jpg

I assume thats the last time your wife will let you put that on the kitchen counter.

I've been using larger Shop Vac (brand) wet/drys for years. I set them up with the huge replaceable dust bags.

Problem with them is the motors are junk. I don't even use them that often, yet I've let the smoke out the motors in as little as a year or two and have had others last 5+ years.

One thing that helps them last is, if you keep them out in the cold, let them warm to ambient before you fire them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back