Honda NM4 Vultus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit, it does kind of look cool, but at 500+ lbs of weight and only a 54hp 750cc engine, it appears to have more bark than bite. There doesn't seem to be a manual trans option either.

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/honda/2014-honda-nm4-vultus-ar162851.html

Honda-NM4-Vultus-1-590x441.jpg

I'm liking the lean toward practical, low maintenance and low rpm bikes. nc700x, ctx etc; I'm not sure I want a 2.5 second 0-60, 12K red line on my first purchase.

I don't think it is targeting the B.A. crowd, like it was pointed out that it might be a "Bat Bike" quiet and slow have advantages in stealth ; I see a little bit of scooter in it. Maybe that is just me.

no MT is a no starter for me.

Last edited:
That's a scooter cycle. Nothing wrong with the automatic. Seems low on power but must have nice lazy torque for the person who doesn't wanna flog it.

Hardly anyone who buys a new vehicle wants a stick which is 10X better than shifting a motorcycle. As someone who's been licensed on two wheels since 1988, I hate pegging a shifter up and down on a motorcycle. I see HD making a successful automatic on a cruiser and a transition to buyers preferring automatic bikes in the future.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
I'm not sure I want a 2.5 second 0-60, 12K red line on my first purchase.

Most new riders would probably not want 500+ lbs on their first purchase either. I know I didn't.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I'm not sure I want a 2.5 second 0-60, 12K red line on my first purchase.

Most new riders would probably not want 500+ lbs on their first purchase either. I know I didn't.

+2 Mine was a 354lb Yamaha 350. That was 30+ years ago. Now I ride an 800lb bike. HUGE difference.

OT:If I am 6' 3" 270lbs, is a 500lb starter bike a concern?

You'd probably be OK. It also depends on where most of that weight sits. Some bikes have the center of gravity very low to the ground and feel lighter than others with similar weight.

I'm liking the lean toward practical, low maintenance and low rpm bikes. nc700x, ctx etc; I'm not sure I want a 2.5 second 0-60, 12K red line on my first purchase.

Having ridden a number of these new, underpowered and low revving bikes, I have to say that I despise them. The lack of power is absolutely unnecessary. Believe it or not, we have the technology today to produce engines that have excellent economy and excellent power, all while being incredibly smooth and tractable.

Own one of these low powered, overweight bikes for a while and a suspect even a newbie will be wanting more power.

One thing people tend to forget. Motorcycles are all quite fast off the line. But due to massive aerodynamic drag, a good bit of HP is required to achieve highway speeds. When loaded up, and on the highway, these lower powered bikes really struggle when more power is "asked for" such as when passing a large truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back